Search Unity

Bug XRInputSubsystem.TryGetBoundaryPoints vs OVRPlugin.GetBoundaryGeometry2

Discussion in 'VR' started by carrotstien, Dec 12, 2021.

1. carrotstien

carrotstien

Hi. I've been at this for the past 2 days virtually non stop and finally came away with some conclusions...was hoping someone from unity/oculus could shed some light on this:

defining
    method A as XRInputSubsystem.TryGetBoundaryPoints
    method B as OVRPlugin.GetBoundaryGeometry2

1. when using RiftS, both A and B get me the same points - both correct
    2. when using Quest 2 natively, B gets the correct points, but A gets the correct shape, but the points are all shifted about by some rotation. I've not been able to determine what this rotation is.
    3. when using quest through oculus air link, earlier on I didn't think i was getting any results from A, and haven't tried B...but when i tried it right now, both get me results, both results match each other, but both results are wrong. It's possible they may be matching the guardian defined last on the RiftS, but i haven't checked that yet.

i'm mostly wondering why A and B match for PCVR, and are correct, but A and B don't match on quest native, with only B matching the actual guardian.

2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Hi,

2. for OVRPlugin.GetBoundaryGeometry2() I think you could choose boundaryType (OuterBoundary or PlayArea). XRInputSubsystem.TryGetBoundaryPoints() by default is outerBoundary. Might be the boundary type wasn't the same?
    3. It is a known issue with Oculus that Boundary data does not function on Link and will return whatever was set up via the PC sdk if the user has a Rift setup or nothing if not.
    We already reached out to Oculus regarding this issue, but we don;t have an estimate time when it will be fixed for now.

3. carrotstien

carrotstien

hi Tanya_Li. I tried all boundary types - nothing matches on mobile, but matches as expected on pc.