Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question XR Tools Utilities for AR placement

Discussion in 'AR' started by sarsoe, Apr 21, 2021.

1. sarsoe

sarsoe

Hey there,
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, correct me please if not.
    I'm currently working on AR placement methods for university and therefore I need to use a convex hull and a rotating calipers algorithm in order to create a minimum oriented bounding box. I found the Unity Documentation for the "XR Tools Utilities" with the algorithms I'd like to use, but I haven't found a way to use the package.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xrtools.utils@1.3/manual/index.html

The documentation mentions the installation from the package manager, but I tried Unity 2020 and the 2021 preview but I can't seem find the package to install it.
    Does anybody know if I can use the package at all and if yes how? It'd really simplify my development.

thanks in advance

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

You can add this package manually by modifying the Packages/manifest.json file and adding this line:
    "com.unity.xrtools.utils": "1.0.1",

JADCP, danUnity and sarsoe like this.
  3. sarsoe

sarsoe

Thanks a lot, never had to add a package manually yet, wasn't aware it's that easy.

danUnity and KyryloKuzyk like this.
  4. JADCP

JADCP

Thanks a lot, this was the easier way to solve this problem with that particular package