Search Unity

Question XR Toolkit vs VR Interaction Framework vs VRTK

Discussion in 'VR' started by Vanz, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Vanz

Vanz

Hi All,

which of the following have you tried and prefer please:

Unity XR Interaction Toolkit
    VRTK
    VR Interaction Framework

What do you think would work best for my game, fantasy style, wielding swords, bows, cross bows, two handed swords, staffs... etc?

I'm concerned that VRTK is getting long in the tooth and not sure about future support?

VR Interaction Framework costs the most.

Unity XR Interaction Toolkit, from my research does not work very well, but I'm reading stuff 6+ months older, has Unity got it in a good state now?

Thanks,

Vanz

2. Vanz

Vanz

another couple questions:

which one is the best documented in your opinion?
    is there another vr frame/work toolkit I should be considering, maybe something that just came out that I'm not aware of?

3. eusebium

eusebium

You can also check MRTK (backed by Microsoft) - I moved from VRTK 3.3 to MRTK because VRTK 4 is in beta for a long time and a completely different framework from its predecessor.
    I am not familiar with the other two, professionally speaking - Unity XR Interaction Toolkit seems too bare bone.

4. Vanz

Vanz

interesting, thanks eusebium.... will look into this...

anyone else that has played around with these 4 would really appreciate your feedback, pro and cons or just general opinions are welcome and appreciated...

5. wannabevr_developer

wannabevr_developer

6. Vanz

Vanz

is this hand physics only or hand physics and controller? cant tell by the overview...

7. Cloudwalker_

Cloudwalker_

Hurricane has a normal smooth locomotion character controller as well. There is an example scene demo so people can try it before they buy it, pretty must wysiwg

https://cloudwalkingames.itch.io/hurricanevr-framework-demo

8. Vanz

Vanz

hmm, so Hurricane and VR Interaction Framework both look really good, can't choose at this point yet, can anyone comment on the pros and cons of each?