Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

XR Settings not showing

Discussion in 'VR' started by MINAPLAYER, Aug 9, 2020.

1. MINAPLAYER

MINAPLAYER

I am trying to make a game for the oculus quest; and the XR Settings tab usually in (Project Settings>Player) is not there. Please, help me I have been stumped and can not find a solution.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  2. ThePurpleSprinkles

ThePurpleSprinkles

Because you have installed the Oculus plug-in in "XR Plug-in Management" XR Settings gets removed. This is because XR Settings is used for OpenVR HMD's like the Valve Index or HTC Vive, since OpenVR is not fully supported in Unity XR yet. Because you are using the Oculus Quest, the XR Settings tab is of no use to you.

madhavarora likes this.
  3. MINAPLAYER

MINAPLAYER

Well, when I try to build, the apk shows in the folder I picked for a second and then disappears.

4. ThePurpleSprinkles

ThePurpleSprinkles

What apk and folder are you talking about, and does this have anything to do with XR settings? I don't build for the Quest, so I don't have any knowledge about how that process works.

5. ProGamer_YT

ProGamer_YT

Well you see I tried making a VR game in Unity without bothering with that setting and it worked perfectly so just try ignoring that XR isn't there

nadogajim likes this.
  6. SilviaHaensel

SilviaHaensel

I have the same problem with my Oculus Quest. I can´t see the XR Settings in Project Settings/Player. Any advice?

7. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

If you are on 2020 or later, XR Settings is no longer in player. It is moved to XR Plug-in Management and uses the new XR SDK plug-in system.

dsolate, yongmin3578, SimRuJ and 8 others like this.
  8. Nikolayandroid

Nikolayandroid

joejo, thank you very much

9. TASIHMI

TASIHMI

Hi, I am using HTC Vive Pro as my headset and there are no option to select the headset. How can I use this headset for my VR project. And also I don't have GPU in my computer. I know it's required for using the headset. Can it be possible to use the headset without GPU.

10. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

I assume that the steamvr xr sdk should just work. As for gpu yeah that is needed to run a pc connected device.

11. GameSe7en

GameSe7en

I, too, have been getting odd results trying to obtain UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings to reflect what's configured in the editor.

Here are excerpts of the XRSettings and the eyeTextureDesc when queried upon starting a simple test app.

Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings
    2.     deviceEyeTextureDimension: None
    3.     enabled: true
    4.     eyeTextureDesc: {UnityEngine.RenderTextureDescriptor}
    5.     eyeTextureHeight: 0
    6.     eyeTextureResolutionScale: 1
    7.     eyeTextureWidth: 0
    8.     gameViewRenderMode: LeftEye
    9.     isDeviceActive: true
    10.     loadedDeviceName: "oculus display"
    11.     showDeviceView: true
    12.     stereoRenderingMode: MultiPass
    13.     supportedDevices: string[5]
    14. UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings.eyeTextureDesc
    15. {UnityEngine.RenderTextureDescriptor}
    16.     colorFormat: ARGB32
    17.     depthBufferBits: 24
    18.     graphicsFormat: R8G8B8A8_UNorm
    19.     height: 256
    20.     vrUsage: None
    21.     width: 256
    Several settings do not match my config (i.e. stereoRenderingMode, resolution, vrUsage)

I have SinglePass/Multiview set for the Oculus XR Plugin for both Windows (for editor player) and Oculus builds. Both entries also specify to initialize XR at startup.

This result was seen in 2021.2.12f1 and reproduced in 2020.3.30f1 LTS.

I'm having trouble instantiating a proper RenderTexture for the display and it seems that these settings are complicating shader development where stereo settings are not present in the shader.

12. FormuleRocher89

FormuleRocher89

F*** UNITY TO ALWAYS CHANGE THERE S***S !!!

13. chilton

chilton

Yeah I don't understand the reasoning behind moving this. It's a ton of work to fix everything broken by these changes. It would be fantastic if Unity would fix existing problems rather than shuffling stuff around in the UI.

14. chilton

chilton

Right now I have a Vuforia project that broke by updating from 2020 to 2021, and an Oculus / Vive project that can no longer function as a single project, because of changes to the XR system.

Unnecessary changes.