Search Unity

XR Select Action not being triggered when using Value/Axis and Press Interaction

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Rigaro, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Rigaro

Rigaro

I'm trying to get a custom hardware device to work as a "grip" button in an XR application. I have tested the InputDevice and it registers in the input system correctly and can debug its input.
    upload_2021-2-23_9-17-22.png

I'm looking to use the AxisControl in this custom InputDevice to trigger the "Select" action of the default input mappings in the XR Interaction Toolkit by using a Value/Axis action with a Press Interaction. This with the purpose of using this custom device to trigger Direct Interactions.

I have tried substituing the Default mappings:
    upload_2021-2-23_9-20-0.png

And also updating the mapping directly in the XR Controlle object (done these separately):
    upload_2021-2-23_9-20-38.png

However, the Select Action does not trigger no matter what I do. The OnHoverEntered event triggers when a GrabInteractable object enteres the DirectInteractor, but not the OnSelectEntered when the input from my custom device (gripAction) passes the threshold.

As I was testing this hardcoding values in the "gripAction" it sometimes worked when the default Press Interaction was selected, but it does not work anymore...

Any suggestions?