Search Unity

XR Plugin Management tab missing after installation of the package

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Krigol, May 6, 2020.

1. Krigol

Krigol

The pic shows it, but basically, after I install the package the tab is just gone and I can't continue with XR setup. I've tried reinstalling Unity and Unity Hub and installing both 2019.3 and 2020 version, it's the same situation. Anyone got any ideas? upload_2020-5-6_13-58-16.png

2. Krigol

Krigol

Here are the logs in txt format, so I can upload them here

Attached Files:

3. Krigol

Krigol

I also deleted every single other package and just installed XR one. I got some new errors in the Unity Editor:
    upload_2020-5-6_15-39-24.png
    Attaching new logs as well.

Attached Files:

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Does it come back after restart of the Editor?

5. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

BTW, any errors in compilation or package import will cause package manager to report the package as installed but the package will not activate till all errors are dealt with. I can see that both pics show errors in the log, which is halting package activation. You will need to make sure all errors are gone and it should work after that..

a436t4ataf likes this.
  6. Krigol

Krigol

@joejo I tried Editor restart. I tried Editor reinstall. Along with Unity Hun reinstall, along with clearing any data from AppData and Registry Editor. Nothing.

For fixing the errors: I've tried mostly everything on google search's first page. But the main fix suggest using Malwarebytes to scan for viruses, which I did, and quarantined everything...
    Still no luck in fixing those errors or installing XR Plugin Management

7. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Until the errors are resolved the package won't activate (this is general for all packages and nothing specific to XR Plug-In Management).

If you look in the upm log files you pasted you can see the package management errors that may be causing you issues. I've never seen anything like those before and have no real experience with what may be going on. Looks like some sort of permission issues somewhere but not much else I may be able to tell you. Definitely not something I have ever come across.

May want to cross post here: https://forum.unity.com/forums/package-manager.150/

8. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Is there a reason the system can't detect and report this?

I would expect - (via the "principle of least surprise") - the installed-but-inactive items to have greyed-out text in the settings window, and when clicked you get a panel that says literally a copy/paste of your description in this thread :) because it's clear, actionable, and makes sense.

9. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

10. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Sure. I was just wondering if that was a limitation of PM (that you can do nothing about), or whether it was possible with PM but not something you'd decided to do yet.

11. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Also: since PM doesn't work with the asset store yet, I'm putting the absolute minimum time into PM possible :) until it's ready for widespread use outside Unity's internal projects. e.g. I still can't get the official Unity packages that used to be built-in (e.g. UnityUI) to build correctly because of PM (seems that most other people can't either - most seem to be using the 2018.x versions of UnityUI, even in 2019/2020 because no-one can get it to work with PM), and there's no official docs on this from Unity yet (Even though it broke in 2019.2, so we've been waiting quite a while for clean solutions).

XR is core to my projects, so I'm highly motivated to report bugs/feature-requests/etc there. PM? Can't use it, and it's been broken in big ways for more than a year, so ... a lot less motivated :).

12. carrotstien

carrotstien

13. Krigol

Krigol

@carrotstien Yup, it's still there.
    What fixed it for me was making another Windows profile. It turned out my default one, even tho it was Administrator, had some messed up permissions. So making a clean normal (not admin) account and using Unity through there fixed all my issues.

14. Danielsantalla

Danielsantalla

Hey, in case anyone runs into this problem, what fixed it for me was downgrading my XR Pluging management to 3.2.16 in Unity 2020.1.3 . The 3.2.17 has an error and it will not install correctly.

15. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

kalibcrone likes this.
  16. HectorOfPriamos

HectorOfPriamos

@Danielsantalla I did as you said and it worked for me as well. Moreover I updated to version 3.2.17 and XR Plug-in Management menu was still visible after updating

17. kalibcrone

kalibcrone

18. gravityspire

gravityspire

can anyone help me im trying to get xr plugin manager tried pm and the project settings way, i can install but can see it in project settings, what do i do? also my laptops settings keep random opening super annoying ik it unity cause its fine when unity aint running.