Search Unity

Question XR or OculusIntegration

Discussion in 'VR' started by Jay_TheRipper, May 29, 2022.

1. Jay_TheRipper

Jay_TheRipper

I am struggling to understand what is needed to build to Oculus. I have been through many forums and the oculus development page and the majority if people are recommending XR.

I learnt everything i need to develop with XR and wasn't aware of the constraints that were in place to publish to the Oculus store. This is the first place i want to target but i am looking to make my game multi platform and look to integrate crossplay in the future.

My issue is i see alot of people saying you need to use the Oculus integration or your game wont be able to publish to the oculus store because of an ID key, manifests and oculus SDKs. Whilst others are saying ita possible but not elaborating. This is all completly foreign to me whilst i have done my best to research i do not know how you can use XR and publish to Oculus.

Sorry if it seems i dont know much this is all new news to me and whilst my development and graphical requirements are on par for Oculus publishing this topic has thrown me off track.