Search Unity

XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_NoLogPath: "Log path

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by alpharay, Jan 24, 2019.

1. alpharay

alpharay

Hi all,

Have a pretty annoying issue with the Steamvr plugin not registering my Oculus during editor play or after a build. SteamVr itself recognizes my Oculus and I can play games, but in unity, Steamvr does not recognize the editor is in play or when a build exe is running.

I have tried different versions of unity starting for 2018.3.2 down to unity 5.4 and with different versions of the steamvr plugin with no success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SteamVR multiple times.I have also restarted my computer, reimported the assets, messed with every VR setting in the Player settings with zero success. I am kinda losing my mind because I have never had this problem before.

The only console error I get is
    XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_NoLogPath: "Log path could not be located (112)"!

Any help would be great

2. uerk

uerk

3. kalpana1

kalpana1

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to build an AR application using HTC Vive Pro. I have been struggling to figure out the inconsistent response of the device for last 15 days. I built two project in unity 2019.1.14f1 by keeping the same settings. The HTC Vive works well in AR scene with the first project but show the error "XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code Unknown error (309): "Unknown error (309)"! for the seconds projects. Please somebody help me to find the reason behind this difference.

Attached Files: