Search Unity

Bug XR not starting in Quest 2 APK build using Unity 2021.2.25f

Discussion in 'VR' started by nprof50, May 24, 2023.

1. nprof50

nprof50

Hello,

I'm building a game for the Quest 2 standalone. I've been using XR and the oculus integration utilities for some time now and have recently upgraded to unity 2021.3.25f. When I build an APK and launch it on device, it looks like XR doesn't initialize. I see the camera where it initializes (not where it should be), and I can't move my head around to look around the scene. The scene continues to play, but I can't see my controllers, only a static view of where the camera was first placed (as if it didn't launch XR).

This was happening very infrequently at first, with only 20% of builds having this issue. I've undone any changes I've made since it started happening, but the issue persists. I used to just re-build and deploy and the issue would fix, but now I'm getting this weird result where XR fails to launch (or something) every time.

I have checked the following:
    * Tried using either Oculus or OpenXR under "XR Management" (both had the same issue)
    * Initialize XR on startup is checked
    * Oculus integration and XR Interaction Toolkit are updated to the latest version
    * Meta XR feature is enabled in OpenXR (this occurs in both XR and Oculus, so I have a feeling it has something to do with the oculus integration)

Any help with this issue would be appreciated. In the meantime I'll be trying older unity versions to see if the issue persists.

EDIT:

After testing with oculus link in the unity editor play mode, I found the same issue. Further inspecting the scene, it looks like the controllers are reporting their position fine. My headset however, is not receiving any input updates. It's connected in the default manner (position = XR HMD/centerEyePosition, rotation = XR HMD/centerEyeRotation). Hope this is more helpful in finding a solution.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  2. SunLeader7

SunLeader7

@nprof50 I am having the same exact issue! Did you find the solution?