Search Unity

XR Management & Vive Trackers input issue

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by aoleynikov678, Mar 6, 2020.

1. aoleynikov678

aoleynikov678

Hi everyone,

I try to get Vive Trackers working with XR Management and XR Input Toolkit packages.

What I've got to do is to get trigger input of tracker with role Held in Hand > Right Hand set in SreamVR settings. I can only get this input if I have right controller connected and tracker set as Left hand, not right.

If I connect just tracker without controller it doesn't work.

1. Tracker has Right Hand role and controller is switched off — Debugger shows it just as HardwareTracker.

2. Tracker has Left Hand role and controller is switched off — the same issue.

3. Tracker has Left Hand role and controller is switched on — both controller and tracker appear as hand role in Debugger and I can get correct Trigger input.

Previously I've used Vive Input Utility and the same case worked nice there.

Did anyone face such case?

I also don't understand how can I create custom bindings for trackers — I have a bunch of them in different roles (Body Role, Hand Role, Tracker Role).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    ROBYER1 and StellarSkyStudio like this.
  2. cutecenter

cutecenter

Can't even get a single VIVE Tracker to show up in input debugger, may I know what version Unity and XR plugins you are using?

3. myaydin

myaydin

I guess VIVE Trackers are not supported on XR yet. You need to use SteamVR.