Search Unity

Bug XR Interactor Reticle Visual not working with UI

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by TDimitrov, Nov 8, 2021.

1. TDimitrov

TDimitrov

I'm trying to create a reticle object using XR Interaction Toolkit for both 3D and UI interaction. I've setup my scene just as described here, but instead of using a XR Ray Interactor with a XR Interactor Line Visual (which works fine on the UI), I'm trying to use a XR Interactor Reticle Visual. This doesn't work on the UI, but if I add a 3D object with a XR Grab Interactable it works as intended. Is this behavior by design or unusual, because for me it's rather strange?

This is the inspector view of the Reticle game object.
    upload_2021-11-8_17-48-9.png

jushijun and marcozakaria like this.
  2. ZammyIsOnFire1

ZammyIsOnFire1

3. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

4. MitnickCondor

MitnickCondor

Hi, any bypass for that behaviour yet? I'm trying and searching for hours again ... And now I also get "object null" exeptions to my ray interactors - not during play/run-time but when I exit the running script. It seems confousing for me as an beginner at all. So I'll now search for a tutorial for setup visual studio for unity (with class search and maybe - if exists - debugging and hinting) thanks for any help at all! I'm at Version 2021.3.6F1 right now.

5. Thordrek

Thordrek

The issue page states that there is a fix, but I don't understand what it is said there, and thus I am still struggling with. Is there any way to work around this issue?

6. Dennis-DeRyke

Dennis-DeRyke

Unity Technologies

Tests with the following configurations show correct UI interaction using XR Ray Interactor with XR Interaction Reticle Visual in XR Interaction Toolkit 2.0.4 and 2.2.0.

Unity 2020.3.44f1
    XR Interaction Toolkit 2.0.4 and 2.2.0
    Quest One
    BuiltIn RP
    MacOS 12.6.1