Search Unity

Question XR Interaction Toolkit WMR Support with Action-based XR Rig

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by LeoThePhoenix, Dec 27, 2020.

1. LeoThePhoenix

LeoThePhoenix

Hi people,
    I wanted to give the Action-based XR Rig a try in my project. In Play mode I only have a frozen picture when using my Windows Mixed Reality VR Headset.
    Then I downloaded Unity's example project and have the same problem in the WorlInteractionDemo scene. DeprecatedWorldInteractionDemo on the other hand works fine with the WMR.
    With my Oculus Quest everything works fine btw.

I even tried adding bindings especially for the WMR in the Main Camera of the XR Rig and in the Input Actions window. This was also unsuccessful.

Do you have an idea how I can fix this problem?

2. LeoThePhoenix

LeoThePhoenix

3. GUNAIR

GUNAIR

Hi Leo,

I started programming a few hours ago and had the same problem. I solve it (but not very satisfying) with pressing the "windows" key + "y" to toggle the windows input from desktop to VR (windows shows a message like this). But I now have problems, that the WMR controller not working in the Toolkit...

4. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @LeoThePhoenix, can you file a bug with reproducible project so the team can take a look? There could be several factors causing the issue so we'll need more information. Thanks!

5. unity_psd_user1

unity_psd_user1

私は同じ現象を経験しています。
    修正は完了しましたか?

6. johnny_littlepunch

johnny_littlepunch

Hi, I use HP Reverb G2 with Windows 10 for OpenXR project and all works fine. But this is not by default. You may follow these recommendations: Create a VR Starter Project from Scratch - Unity Learn And there are two additional not mentioned actions:
    1. You need to select Oculus Touch Controller Profile in File>Build Settings>(PC, Mac & Linux Standalone) Player Settings>XR Plug-in Management>Open XR>Interaction Profiles after installing XR Plugin Management (step 4). See 1.png
    2. After performing step 6 one of your controllers (in my case RightHandController) will have wrong preset assignment in XR Controller (Action-Based) component - it is for left hand. To select for right hand click button "Select Preset" with sliders icon (it is just after help button in component titlebar in Inspector window). See 2.png

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      334.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      345.2 KB
      Views:
    fuzzy3d likes this.
  7. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

I managed to run it (XR-Interaction-Toolkit-Examples-master) on the HP Reverb G2 only when I switched to Multi Pass render mode:
    upload_2021-8-31_11-34-33.png

johnny_littlepunch likes this.
  8. johnny_littlepunch

johnny_littlepunch

In my case, Multi pass value works as well. I use latest LTS versions of Unity and Unity Hub. In the Settings, HP Reverb G2 Controller Profile is not available. Profiles supposed to work (and highlighted in attached screenshot) are not working correctly. How to get HP Reverb G2 Controller Profile?
    upload_2021-8-31_15-48-17.png

9. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

johnny_littlepunch likes this.
  10. johnny_littlepunch

johnny_littlepunch