Search Unity

Feature Request XR Interaction Toolkit and Hand Tracking

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Bwong3, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bwong3

Bwong3

Does XR Interaction Toolkit support hand tracking with Oculus Quest (or Magic Leap)? If so, how can I implement? Is there an option in XR Controller script?

I would also like the option to toggle between hand tracking and controller during runtime. This might be a stretch, but would also like to be able to use at least one controller and hand tracking simultaneously too. Thanks in advanced!

Alex-CG and ROBYER1 like this.
  2. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

Not at the moment, hands are high on our priority list however :)

3. mmarkman

mmarkman

Ayyyyyyyyyyy :D

4. mmarkman

mmarkman

5. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

ROBYER1 and alexchesser like this.
  6. VirtualAwakening

VirtualAwakening

Is there any update for this?

"XR Interaction Toolkit support hand tracking with Oculus Quest"

7. ebellumat

ebellumat

And about just the normal fingers? Oculus Quest touch controllers have a great support for fingers, but i don't find any way to put this works on Oculus Quest with XR Toolkit. My hands are static.

8. FishStickies94

FishStickies94

The implementation is in there under OculusUsages but I can't get any of them to work.

9. dilmerval

dilmerval

I think what we are missing is the equivalent to OculusProjectConfig where you can specify the HandTrackingSupport, for instance I set this to HandsOnly when I build hand experiences with the Oculus Integration, what is the equivalent for the XRToolKit?

I have the code for feature usages where I get the bone info out but it is currently null because the app does not have the proper permissions to use hand tracking.

P_Jong, ariza-oscar and ROBYER1 like this.
  10. dilmerval

dilmerval

11. LeFx_Tom

LeFx_Tom

@Matt_D_work I'm chiming in here. The XR Interaction toolkit looks very promising, but I'm actually lacking the feeling, that it is continuously worked on.
    Is there a roadmap or any set plan for features like hand tracking or in general XR HMD support (like HoloLens (2) and MagicLeap)?
    It would be really nice to have one unified toolset to develop applications for all/most HMDs and it is a charming idea, that it could be Unity's "own" maintained solution...but for that, it would need some sort of a reliable development lifecycle...

P_Jong likes this.
  12. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

Seems like hand tracking would first be offered at a lower level implementation than XRIT.

Right now, perhaps the greater issue is that you can't use Oculus hand tracking with the XR Management plugin version... only the deprecated older plugin. I think we probably need to see it supported in the XR Management plugin before we can hope that it will find its way into XRIT.

13. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Are there two things with that name? (I just logged a bug against all of OculusUsages being broken in current XRIT, and ... there's nothing in the OculusUsages class about hand-tracking)

14. FishStickies94

FishStickies94

The person I was relpying to was talking about the Touch controllers capacitve buttons.

15. fherbst

fherbst

@Matt_D_work bumping this again because it's been some more months and we still don't have Quest hand tracking through XR Management. Could you share some plans around this?

16. appels

appels

Bumping for same reason, setting up XR and want to add hand tracking

Adnaro, Desoxi and sikaar like this.
  17. Desoxi

Desoxi

Bumping this again, as hand-tracking gets more important the more time passes by. And we still have zero feedback.

Adnaro, ROBYER1 and ariza-oscar like this.
  18. daveinpublic

daveinpublic

Bumping, as well. It would be nice to hear an update on hand tracking in the XR Interaction Toolkit.

Adnaro and Desoxi like this.
  19. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

When hand tracking comes to XR Interaction Toolkit, I would love to see it also support it through iOS/AR Foundation since iOS 14 now has it.

P_Jong, kahunamoore and HereLen like this.
  20. HereLen

HereLen

Anything new on this?

Adnaro, kahunamoore and daveinpublic like this.
  21. sxnorthrop

sxnorthrop

Bump :)

Frizzzer123 and Adnaro like this.
  22. robinspots

robinspots

+1 for this

Adnaro and LeFx_Tom like this.
  23. Shizola

Shizola

There's supposed to be an update coming this week featuring a roadmap.

sxnorthrop and gjf like this.
  24. roller_yalta

roller_yalta

bump, wondering if UI interactions with a Quest hands are coming o_O

25. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hey everyone, at the moment we recommend using the Oculus Integration package if you need to enable hand tracking on Oculus Quest. More information can be found in their documentation. We understand there's a desire to have this supported in the XR Interaction Toolkit, and we will definitely take it into consideration as we plan for subsequent versions beyond the 1.0 release. Please use our public roadmap to give us your feedback so we can monitor everyone's requests and plan accordingly. Going to close this thread, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.