Search Unity

Resolved XR Interactable's Parent becomes Root

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by PontiusP, Dec 1, 2020.

1. PontiusP

PontiusP

Hi,

I'm playing around with grabbing Interactables with an XR Direct Interactor. I've set up the default inputs for the Input System. I got an Interaction Manager as well.

The problem is that the Interactable Object that I grab with my controller always changes its parent to the Root Scene.

I tried putting a Cube inside a Kitchen(Empty Object) that is inside another House(Empty Object), When I grab the Cube, again, the Cube's parent becomes Root Scene.

I even put the XR Interaction Manager inside the House thinking that maybe the Interactable objects go to the same level as the Interaction Manager, but no. The Cube's parent still becomes Root when I grab them with the controller.

Is there a setting that I'm missing? I tried looking in the Docs, but it doesn't say that the Interactables' parent becomes the root.

2. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

A Grab Interactable when grabbed will reparent to root, and then reparent back to the original parent when dropped (configurable with *Retain Transform Parent*). If you would like to request a feature to support not changing the parent, please do so on the public roadmap with your use case.

enemali and PontiusP like this.
  3. GemsJames

GemsJames

all you have to do is implement a bool, why isnt this a thing yet?

racket298, bittuz and ashleyhenson654 like this.
  4. ashleyhenson654

ashleyhenson654

5. Riiich

Riiich

HirokiYamada, MVRKHQ and Lizi_FRI like this.
  6. amankAtUnity

amankAtUnity

Works loke a charme!