Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question xr grab interactable returning to original transformation when activated

Discussion in 'VR' started by kmilo9999, Mar 3, 2022.

1. kmilo9999

kmilo9999

Hello all,

I have a Game object with a box collider, rigid object and xr grab interactable components, and it's child posses a 3D mesh. When I grab the parent with the xr controller I can rotate and move it around. After releasing the object, it keeps the new transformation.
    However, when I grab it again, it comes back to the original transformation. how can I avoid that behaviour? I tried using the "attach transformation" option in the XR grab interactable component, but when I grab the object a second time, then the object comes back to that specific transformation.
    I dont see any more options in the editor to disable that behavior, so I assume I have to write the script. Am I right?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. sasasamb

sasasamb

I have also noticed this problem and were wondering if there was a method. I’ll be waiting too :)

3. hassancortex

hassancortex

I wrote a script that helped me solve this using SteamVR. However, with Oculus XR I'm still looking for the 'on release Hand' alternative to defining object behaviour.