Search Unity

Bug XR Grab Interactable Instantaneous mode doesn't respect the attachment transform?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by michael_unity680, Jan 17, 2021.

1. michael_unity680

michael_unity680

I'm using an attachment transform with the XR Grab Interactable. My expectation is that the grabbing attachment point for any interactor will always be at the attachment transform.

hierarchy.png grabInteractableSettings.png

When the movement type is set to Velocity Tracking or Kinematic, I get the expected result:
    Kinematic_mode.png

However if I set the Movement Type to Instantaneous, the attachment transform is no longer respected and the attachment takes place at the transform of the object with the interactable component instead of the attachment transform. Which makes no sense to me and breaks my hand poses. Which is frustrating because this is the setting that I want.

Instantaneous_Mode.png

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the 2020.2.0f1 and the 1.0.0-pre version of the toolkit with the oculus 1.7 plugin, but I've always seen this on every version and I've been waiting for it to get fixed, but now that it's almost 1.0.0 I'm wondering if it is intentional for some unknown reason.

2. brgishy

brgishy

michael_unity680 likes this.
  3. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

please raise a bug on this!

michael_unity680 likes this.
  4. brgishy

brgishy