Search Unity

Resolved [XR] Error determining if we should quit: Not Initialized

Discussion in 'VR' started by Loden_Heathen, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

This message just appeared in our latest server build

We are in the process of checking all changes to see what might have caused this to appear its clearly from Unity's XR which we do use but shouldn't be doing anything in a server build. Previous builds did not have this issue, client builds do not have this issue ...

Any guidance on what causes this message would be helpful

[Edit]
    What ever is causing this is spaming the message a rediculess amount of times, there is no reason for that so whatever this message is supposed to mean its not helpful and it is problematic ... if its really so critical that it should spam every frame then it should be treated as fatal and result in an eligent shut down ... if its not that critical then it should have some means of shutting its self off as many other componenets do when things go side ways but arnt fatal e.g. disable whatever it is thats pareshaped noting when and why it did so.

As it is this message just makes the log very hard to read and tanks the performance of the exeuction

[Edit 2]
    We think we have narrowed this down to Unity.XR.Oculus.NativeMethods.GetAppShouldQuit() though cant understnad why all of a sudden this is an issue ... this project has supported XR for quite awhile and only today started with the issues we are seeing now. We did today update to Unity 2019.4.13f1 and had to update PlayFab and several other bits. So why is it that the server build it trying to initalize XR ... for note we have toggled off the Initalize XR on Start up and are checking to make sure we are not calling anything in the XR kit from a server

[Edit 3]
    This seems to be a bug in Unity's XR Framework for Oculus ... we have removed occulus (leaving the WMR and MockHMD in place and all works as expected.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This is a known issue in Oculus XR Plugin 1.5.0 and had been fixed in the latest 1.6.0. You could try updating Oculus plugin to 1.6.0-preview.1.

3. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Thanks we will wiat for 1.6 to come out of preview before we give it a go. We are fine doing without Oculus for the time being.

4. zulu79

zulu79

Oculus XR Plugin Version 1.7.0-preview.2 still has the same problem.

5. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Hey there,

I checked again, that spamming errors should be fixed since 1.6.0 Oculus Plugin. If you are still seeing it, could you please file a bug, so we can take a look? Repro steps or repro projects would be helpful. Feel free to share your case # once the bug is filed. Thanks!

6. zulu79

zulu79

7. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

8. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

what version? still getting this in 1.8.1

9. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Fix is included in the next upcoming release. I will update this thread when the new release become available. Did you get this error when you had Oculus plugin installed but with Oculus service disabled (Oculus App on PC not running)?

10. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

I get this on my pc when I use an index, with the oculus software installed but not running. I see it in customer log files too, which maybe means it happens to all steamvr users?

11. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

It isn't related to steamvr. For temporary bypass solution before the fix released, you could try to remove Oculus XR plugin from your project in Package Manager if you are only running it on steamVR or make sure Oculus App softeware is installed and Running.
    Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks.

12. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

our software is cross-platform, so we need to keep both installed in the package manager

13. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

then keep Oculus App running could avoid those errors spamming. Our next release will get this fixed properly.

14. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

FYI, Oculus XR Plugin 1.9.0-preview.1 released today and it included the fix for this error spamming issue. Feel free to give it a try. Thanks.

15. benVisiativ

benVisiativ

Tested on Oculus XR Plugin 1.9.0 : no more error spamming issue.
    Thanks