Search Unity

Bug XR Direct Interactor not working correctly with Select Action being an axis value

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by LordoftheGoombas, Apr 30, 2021.

1. LordoftheGoombas

LordoftheGoombas

When the Select Action (in the input action editor) is set to "gripPressed[Left/RightHand XR Controller]" with Action Type: Button, the interaction system works fine. But when the Select Action is set to "grip[Left/RightHand XR Controller]" with Action Type: Value, and Control Type: Axis, the interaction system seems to break.
    Grab Interactables will still be grabbed, even when the grip button is not pressed (if it had been pressed recently), and once an object is grabbed, it does not drop until long after the grip button has been released. I thought the issue might be with the grip not properly registering 1 and 0, but even with deadzones, the issue persisted.

For curiosity, I also tried using the trigger to grab objects, and got the same result. Leading my to conclude that the interaction system doesn't seem to work with axis values. I need the axis values to drive the animations for my in game hands, so my current compromise is to have one of each binding listed above for each controller. It allows the interactions to work properly, while only sacrificing some of the range of finger movement.

Specs:
    Using a direct interactor for the hands on my xr rig, and am trying to interact with grab interactables
    Headset: Rift S
    Unity Version: 2020.3.3f1