Search Unity

Question XR Device Simulator: Can't manipulate either controller on Mac

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by tomXGames, Sep 6, 2021.

1. tomXGames

tomXGames

I am trying to get the XR Device Simulator to work to develop a VR app without a headset. I can move around the camera using the right mouse button, but I can't move the hands. I tried changing the inputs, but that didn't work. I tried using the toggle button but that didn't work.
    I am just using the standard XR Rig, no modifications. I even tried running the sample project on GitHub, but that didn't work, so the only thing that could be wrong is the system.
    Can anybody help me out here?

2. kentg1

kentg1

Same issue. I can roll my scroll wheel for the controllers , they move some but then stop moving,

BenjaminSpringer98 likes this.
  3. andersoncc

andersoncc

Unity Technologies

Hi @kentg1, sorry to hear that you're having this issue. It could be a conflict with connected controllers/devices, the XR Plug-in Management (Project Settings -> XR Plug-in Management) and/or the Plug-in Providers should be disabled to avoid this conflict.

upload_2022-6-28_15-48-42.png

Try to move your right controller by holding space in Play mode, here it's a list of commands for the XR Device Simulator.

Can you send us your Unity and XR Interaction Toolkit version, so we can test here to reproduce the issue.

4. BenjaminSpringer98

BenjaminSpringer98

I had the same problem for hours. @andersoncc your solution worked for me. Really appreciate it!!

5. RAANDOM

RAANDOM

all off and still doesnt work

6. RAANDOM

RAANDOM

I found out that I didn't import Starter Assets from XR Interaction Toolkit.
    Just follow the video at the timestamp :

OK TIMESTAMP DOESNT WORK. It's at the 11 minute mark

7. tree_xin

tree_xin

Thanks

8. hntb_adam

hntb_adam

Hey, is this still a known issue? I'm working with several people who are able to move around using the Device Simulator, but unable to move the controllers. They're all on Macs, using:
    Unity 2022.3.11f1
    OpenXR v1.8.2
    Unity OpenXR Meta v1.0.0
    XR Interaction Toolkit v2.5.2

They don't have headsets plugged in, so I doubt it's a conflict there. Any insight you can share?