Search Unity

Xperia Play games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm not completely sure how it works, but I assume games for Xperia Play smartphone are not the same as PSP or other playstation tech games? If I'm right, would we be able to develop games for Xperia Play using Unity in the future, similarly to how we develop Android/ iphone platform games?

By the way, it says that the price for Xperia Play games will range from £1 to £10 depending on how good and complex the game is, and there are about 50+ games out at the moment.

While on the topic... Has anyone got Xperia Play yet? If so is it worth the money? I really want to buy it, and I'm hating myself atm for buying HTC Desire HD couple weeks back for £400. It's slow and laggy, runs out of charge VERY quickly when playing games...

2. Moonjump

Moonjump

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sweet! So does this mean we will be able to make Xperia Play games with Unity and without having to purchase any expensive licenses e.g. Playstation, Wii and other ones in order to publish games for those particular platforms, but it will be more like iPhone and Android?

4. NomadKing

NomadKing

I think Sony will be hesitant to make the Xperia Play as open as Andriod and iPhone to keep the quality (and therefore price) of the games higher, so i wouldn't be surprised if it still required some sort of license like the consoles. That being said, instead of a licence it could be a role that Union aims to fill (filtering the shovelware out for Sony) which would be quite cool.

Of course I'm just speculating here, not seen/read anything stating which way it will go yet :)

5. bluelans

bluelans

cool, just learned, a newbie is studying

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

7. flim

flim

I tried to follow the blog, copy the code but no idea how to get start. I think Unity should release an example project on their Resources web page.