Search Unity

XML is compatible with Android and other OS?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by The_Code, Dec 16, 2013.

1. The_Code

The_Code

Hi everyone, i have one question. Now, i have a little job, and I need to save some variables which then will be seen by the user...
    Some people recommend XML Extension, but my question is, XML can read in IOS, Android, Linux, Windows and Mac OSX?

Thanks for the reply! ;)

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

XML is supported to varying degrees. What kind of variables are you looking to save? JSON is always an option and I'm not just saying that because I sell a JSON Serialization asset. :) If all you need is simple variable serialization there are lots of options. LitJson would work, or even JSON Object which is free on the asset store. You can serialize to a string and save how you want, or even use PlayerPrefs to store the string.

3. The_Code

The_Code

I like your script but i can't buy it :( (I have 14 years and i not have credit card+I live in Argentina hahaha). I need save some records in one XML, but why? Simple, if the user swich to other PC, he can copy easily your records in the other PC, without copy regedit :)
    Now, i save ALL records in one String with PlayerPrefs, but i sometimes, one variable can't written in the Playerprefs, for any reason... i don't know :(
    I need XML tutorial haha.

Sorry for my bad english xD