Search Unity

Xiaomi Mi A1

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by unnanego, May 23, 2018.

1. unnanego

unnanego

Hi!
    I'm using Unity 2018.1.0f and Vuforia 7.1.34. If I make a build and run it on Xiaomi Mi A1, the fps of the camera is really low. Even if I build a sample project or a completely empty project the FPS is very low, the video plays back normally, though.

2. unnanego

unnanego

I googled for a week and have been asking everyone I could for help, but couldn't find any help(
    Also, I tested a project from Google Play that uses vuforia and FPS is fine in it

3. unnanego

unnanego

anyone, pleaseeee????

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@unnanego I have been able to reproduce this issue and will raise it with the team.

unnanego likes this.
  5. spvn

spvn

Same issue here! This has been bugging me forever.

The xiaomi a1 is the only lower-mid spec android phone we have to test with. Does this mean this issue only occurs for this particular model, and that other android models of a similar spec display the camera background at a decent fps?

unnanego likes this.
  6. unnanego

unnanego

have you tried older vuforia versions? because I downloaded an app from google play that is mentioned on Vuforia page and it worked perfectly well

7. spvn

spvn

No I haven't tried unfortunately. But I really don't want to have to use an older version of vuforia just because of this one phone model.

One more important thing. I've noticed that I can't initialize the device tracker with this phone? It has both a gyroscope and accelerometer so why am I still getting the error message "could not initialize the tracker" in the android monitor? Is anybody else noticing this issue?