Search Unity

Assets XGUI - UI WYSIWYG, Visual Coding and Code generation.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SixThreeZero_Studios, Aug 5, 2017.

1. SixThreeZero_Studios

SixThreeZero_Studios

@WillNode

Out of curiosity, what OS and exactly what version of 2017.3 are you running? Wondering because out of the people who have tested it, your are the first one to run into an issue with it loading the skins in this version so im trying to figure out where the issue is coming in exactly so i can fix this.

I've never had an issue with this until 2017.3.

Out of curiosity what OS and specific 2017.3 version are you using? Myself and a couple of the other testers are unable to replicate this issue.

In addition. The skins need to be accessible before unity Deserializes everything, so if i use .delayCall that wont happen and end up causing errors elsewhere because the skin information is not accessible.

Like i have said before this entire issue is something related SPECIFICALLY to 2017.3. It does not happen in any previous version of unity, 2017.4 or any of the 2018 versions as far as im aware.

2. WillNode

WillNode

@SixThreeZero_Studios

I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit.

The error is real. It happens everytime after I extract XGUI into blank project.

Screenshot (289).png

HOWEVER

I just figured that things are working again after restarting unity.

So I think the problem here is that [InitializeOnLoadMethod] is not get called during asset extract/recompile. It only called after unity lauches.

3. SixThreeZero_Studios

SixThreeZero_Studios

Hey, sorry i didn't mean to imply the error wasn't real. Simply that I had been unable to reproduce it.

But now that i know what seems to be the cause, I'm going to attempt to replicate it today. I'm wondering if i didn't come across the issue because i delete the asset from the project, then re-import each time, been awhile since i did an import into a fresh project, so I'm hoping that is the trigger.

4. tcz8

tcz8

Hey what's going on with this project? I'm working on a management plugin, would love to pimp the ui.

5. ravendevil1967

ravendevil1967

Whats up with this project???

6. awesomedata

awesomedata

AFAIK, this project is postponed. -- Possibly due to the fact that the author was banned from the forum. He and Unity didn't get along, and therefore, he got whacked.

7. Baste

Baste

whoops!

8. ravendevil1967

ravendevil1967

what happened to this project?

9. awesomedata

awesomedata

Yeah..... see above.

10. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

This looked so promising. Shame it's no longer supported.
    Does anyone know of an alternative that is available?