Search Unity

Xffect Editor Pro: powerful tool to create amazing effects!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shallwaycn, Jul 3, 2012.

1. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I'm sorry the support forum in my website has too many spams. I have to shut it down temporarily:(

Please feel free to leave questions here, I'll reply as soon as I can.

WebPlayer Demo:
    http://phantomparticle.org/xffect_demo/

Some old tutorials:
    http://shallway.net/xffect/doku.php?id=en:tutorial

Link to Asset Store

News:
    Version 5.2.0
    -NEW: Added "Preview Tool" to capture each xffect's thumbnail.
    -NEW: Added "Xffect Browser" to manage all your xffects in current project. Click Window/Xffect/Xffect Browser to check it.
    -NEW: EffectLayer with subemitter enabled can also be updated in editor now.
    50427174459.jpg

Link to Asset Store

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

really nice ! i already had a glance to the free version which is pretty cool. How much will cost the pro version ? Nice work ! keep it on !

3. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

$75, I hope it's a reasonable price, we spend a lot of time on it:)

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

75$ is not a crazy price i guess. especially if you plann to add more content and prefabs example to be reused ...

5. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Thanks for your advise, and yes, xffect pro is developing with our own game project, so more and more prefabs will coming, and if customers want some particular effect, feel free to drop here:)

i already submitted the 1.1 version, but the original package is still pending review-_-.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  6. ZJP

ZJP

:( Thx for the new one.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Hi, I'm sorry for the old free version of xffect. You can try the new free edition, it's much better.

Now the xffect is part of my job, so it will become better and better.:)

8. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Done, Package Accepted!!

Now it's available on asset store!:p

9. bravery

bravery

Hi,

nice package, however what is the performance when working in mobile?

10. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I can't guarantee that right now, because there are some common issue in mobiles: fill rate and overdraw, here is a link. especially for particles, but if you control the effect layer well, there should be no problem. I will add some mobile effects in the future version.

or you can download the free version, and deployment the demo scene to the mobile to see the results. Remember to change all the materials' shader to "Mobile/Particles/Additive":D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  11. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Hi, I noticed that i already have customers. Although I don't know your name, Thanks:)

I already submited the 1.1.2 version which fixed the "BombAffector" bug, it should be available soon.:D

12. indie1127

indie1127

very impressive.

可以直接在中国找你买吗?

13. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I update the free edition to version 1.2.0. it can update in editor now, cheers:)

14. KillQ87

KillQ87

Hi shallwaycn,

Using the xffect editor pro here, the sword trail in the example above doesn't seem to be showing inside unity3d nor when i build the web player on my side, is there something i missed?

Doesnt show the distortion like yours does.

15. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Ah....I'm sorry, My bad.

That effect is only support unity pro, Because the heat distortion shader requires "Grab Pass" feature. I should indicated that earlier.

Are you bought Xffect pro just for this effect? if so, mail me, I'll give you a refund.

sorry again.:(

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  16. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I made a HD Tutorial "Getting Started", hope it can help my customers, cheers:)

17. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

version 1.2.1 submitted, both free and pro version. the pro version is pending review, should be accepted soon:)

18. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

version 1.2.2 submitted, now it's very convenient to scale the example prefabs to fit your own game world;)

19. paraself

paraself

Hiii 非常喜欢这个粒子系统的简洁

I tried the free version but could figure out if it fits my need.
    Basically I need to have a effect like this:
    first assign a target to the particles, so when particles are spawned in a location (where the emitter is), they will fly to and then swing around the target.

Is it possible to make this effect in Xffect?
    Thanks!

20. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

@paraself:
    Hi, Thanks for your reply, Your request effect is very simple for xffect pro but not the free version, because it needs the "Gravity Affector" which is not supported in free version.
    I will add a similar effect in next pro version's demo, hope you will like it:)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  21. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

version 1.3.0 submitted, a lot of effects added, include 2 shader : "volume fog" and "fog of war".

and @paraself :
    I added a "SwingAround" Effect to the package(you can view it from the vedio or try the webplayer), which I think is similar to your request. But, currently you can't change the target's position during game, if changed, you need to change the affectors params too, and do this change need to access some API which are not provided, since I don't know the detail of your effect, so you need to explode the API by yourself..

22. Venged

Venged

I'm interested in this kit. I am currently using Unity Free version, Can you list what I will be limited to while I don;t have the pro version of Unity?

Thanks

23. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

@Venged,
    Thanks to your reply, you remind me to specify the limitations of the new version's examples in unity free.
    Unfortunately, all the pro-shader related effects are not supported in unity free, including heat distortion, volume fog and fog of war.
    So the examples : "Phantom Slash", "VolumeFog" and "Fog Of War" are not supported in unity free. Besides, all the editor features are supported in free version, because most of the effects are just use the build-in particle shader.

Hope this will help you, Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  24. Venged

Venged

Thanks!! If those three are only ones not supported in Unity Free version then this kit still overs a lot for us Unity Free users.

Great job!!

25. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

version 1.3.1 submitted!

big improvement: "No GC Alloc During Run Time Now!!!"

cheers~

26. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

version 1.3.2 submitted:)
    add "Window Light" Example.

and, if you like this package, please leave a review, this will give me the motivation to update this package, Thanks:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  27. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Version 2.0 submitted!!!!!

28. indie1127

indie1127

nice work!

keep it up! looking forward to more prefabs:)

29. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I have tested Xffect Pro 2.0 on my iphone, the result is quite good!

see the info here

30. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Some very impressive and professional-looking effects here, congratz :)

31. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Thanks MaDDoX~

I'm working on my ios game now, some ios suitable effects will be added in next version:)

32. ZionGames

ZionGames

Very beautiful effects that this can create might look into buying this for a different project. Good work. :)

33. pneill

pneill

Hi Shallway,

I've been playing with the pro version and I noticed that when I stop my seen, I get a warning about destory assets as being not permitted to avoid data loss. The strange part is the error message only appears in the console after I stop the game. Here is the message in it's entirety.

Code (csharp):
    1. Destroying assets is not permitted to avoid data loss.
    2. If you really want to remove an asset use DestroyImmediate (theObject, true);
    3. UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    4. XffectComponent:ClearEditModeMeshs() (at Assets/Xffect/Script/Component/XffectComponent.cs:118)
    5. XffectComponent:DisableEditView() (at Assets/Xffect/Script/Component/XffectComponent.cs:62)
    6. XffectComponentCustom:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Xffect/Editor/XffectComponentCustom.cs:79)
    7. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

34. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

HI, pneill
    Tnanks for your feedback. I haven't encounter this situation yet, but i think the message is very useful.
    These erros only happens in editor mode. As the message suggested, you can try this solution:
    In XffectComponent.cs, line 116:
    foreach (GameObject obj in tobeDelete)
    {
    GameObject.DestroyImmediate(obj);
    }
    change to:
    foreach (GameObject obj in tobeDelete)
    {
    GameObject.DestroyImmediate(obj,true);
    }

I already changed the code, and i will submit it to asset store in next version.
    everything seemed ok with this change, but i don't know whether it will solve your problem. If not, please give me feedback here, i will be very appreciate.
    And just in case, i recommend you to make a backup of your game before doing this change:)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  35. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I think I've find the problem,
    check your Xffect Object, make sure none of its children is an asset.
    for example, if i create a prefab and link my "Xffect Object" which has uncleaned mesh object to the prefab, the mesh object becomes a "asset mesh", so the next time you reused the prefab, this mesh object can't be cleaned and the error message will appear.

sorry for my english, anyway, just change the code as i mentioned should be ok. But remember do not put your own mesh asset to the Xffect Object's children.

36. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I've find a perfect solution to solve this problem, no worry to put your own mesh object to Xffect Object as its child.

I already submitted version 2.0.1 which has fixed this bug.

Thanks again, pneill, for your feedback:)

37. indie1127

indie1127

hi, shallway.

have you fixed the bug about "sync to client" is always working?

38. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

done, fixed it in version 2,1,0, see the release notes.

and it should be available in asset store shortly.

39. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Looks awesome! I am quite interested. Also from the youtube video, can I make a suggestion?
    Will you include a "Effect Browser" window? Let's say If you have more effects it will be hard to look for the effect if the effect collection is very large. For example, imagine if you create 200 effects. Now try find one effect you want. So maybe you could implement a "thumbnail view effect browser" - basically the system saves a screen shot of the effect automatically when you save, and put it in the "effect browser" window and you can immediately see all of your effects in one view to quickly choose the effect you want.

Something like this (taken from Apple's Motion 5 manual):

Also it has some good ideas for the user interface there :

http://help.apple.com/motion/mac/5.0/en/motion/usermanual/index.html#chapter=14&section=3&tasks=true

40. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

hi,da bawss,
    Tnanks for your suggestion, the "Effect Browser" is a very useful feature indeed.
    But i'm afraid currently it's a little hard for me to make it, because i haven't came up with any good idea about how to do this after thinking a while-_-. The mainly problem is that i'm afraid to mess things up.
    However, Xffect has a long way to go, this feature might be included in the future version :)

41. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I am not entirely sure, but you might be able to use this :
    GrabPass
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Components/SL-GrabPass.html

Basically, use GrabPass to grab a screenshot of the effect in window and save it as thumbnail in the "Effect Browser".

EDIT: Actually, I think GrabPass is only apply to shaders. I don't think it can be use to capture screenshot.
    I think the proper way (and the right way) to do this is to use this:

Application.CaptureScreenshot
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Application.CaptureScreenshot.html
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/22954/how-to-save-a-picture-take-screenshot-from-a-camer.html

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  42. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

Thanks for your advise:)
    yes, capture screen shot is the right way, and it can also make it possible to output 3d effect to 2d sprite.
    I'll consider to add this feature.

btw, i just submitted version 2.1.1, have fixed some small bugs.
    and in the near future, i'll update more effect prefabs for mobile games to this package.

43. low-odor

low-odor

I just purchased Xffect Pro..and I get an error when I try to run it...

figured it out..thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  44. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

HI, odor
    you are welcome, please feel free to ask question here.

and I'm curious what the error you have got, could you tell me here? :)

45. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

version 2.2.0 has submitted.

I'm sorry that i have fixed so many bugs about the scale issue. hope this is the last time to fix it..

if you encountered any bug, please feel free to contact me, thanks:)

and, in this version, i added a new shader and some effects, it's really cool, hope you like it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  46. puppeteer

puppeteer

These are some pretty awesome effects! I love the missiles and slashes most.

If you want more ideas for effects you should take a look at Dota 2, they've got some unique looking magic effects that I've never seen in games before.

47. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

@puppeteer:
    Thanks for your suggestion, I'll definitely try it out.

48. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

updated a iOS Game video, the effects are made by Xffect:)

49. shallwaycn

shallwaycn

I just submitted Version 2.3.0:

Version 2.3.0
    -Added: add a new API SetScale() which can change sprite length during runtime, and use it can make magic chain effects.
    -Added: add a new Event: "Camera Radial Blur Mask" which can be used on mobile device.
    -Added: add a Tutorial folder, incuding 3 demos to demonstrate the basic use of APIs.

50. indie1127

indie1127

really nice, the iOS example video!
    btw, shallway, could you make a new feature to emit custom GameObject? I think it's not hard for your system.