Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

xEditorHelper - Editor Code Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LarryIRL, Feb 4, 2018.

1. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Editor Designer - WYSIWYG Custom Editor Designer
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Editor scripting made easy!

Hey all, I'm about to submit a big update to the Editor Designer which will include the new WYSIWYG interface.

The Editor Designer allows you to design Editor Windows, Custom Inspectors, etc, with a simple interface that shows you a live preview of the Editor Script before the code is generated. Once you are happy with how your Custom Editor looks you simply generate out the Custom Editor in your chosen type.

See the DevLog video below for an example of this in action & follow along in the forum for information on future updates. Feel free ask questions and make requests inside the forum as well.

Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/108731

I can be found everywhere it matters with the tag inepthuman or via my email jasonmhills@gmail.com

Thanks Jason.

xEditorHelper_BeforeAfter_Light.png

YouTube Video:

______________________________________________________________________________________​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Mauri and mgear like this.
  2. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Watch the video tutorial below to get a better idea of how the xEditorHelper works.

3. MostHated

MostHated

I bought this last night and had a go at it. It works quite well, easy to use, and they look great. The developer is quite a nice fella as well, definitely listens and takes into consideration your feedback. Can't go wrong, especially for the price.

4. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Just a quick update for you guys. I managed to get accomplish a fair bit during the week just gone.

The Editor Code Generator now has a WYSIWYG type interface!!
    We can't yet drag and drop things inside the preview window itself but things can still be added/re-arranged via the use of a Toolbar and a Hierarchy

Also, all the generated code can be used completely independent of the Editor Code Generator, meaning you can use the generated code in projects that don't contain the EditorCodeGenerator! Like your own assets you plan to sell on the asset store for example.

I've recorded a brief DevLog video that shows all the new updates in use. I will post the video below once it uploads.

Thanks.

5. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Here is the DevLog video where I show the new WYSIWYG interface in action!!!!

Comments are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Jason.

6. MostHated

MostHated

This is the best news to wake up to! I am extremely excited. Keep up the awesome work man. Just watched the video, this is exactly what I have been wanting out of an editor asset. Can't wait for this! If you need any testers, definitely let me know.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    LarryIRL likes this.
  7. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Haha, no problem @MostHated.

I am more than happy for you to be a tester if you are interested. I still have a few little kinks I want to work out before that though. I will email you with beta version of the project some time in the coming weeks.

Until then I'll keep you up to date via this thread, adding more devlog videos as I go.

8. MostHated

MostHated

Awesome man, much appreciated. Looking forward to it. : D

9. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

DevLog3 has just been uploaded!

Some good updates with this one. I show a quick example of the generated code & export types. Making some head way with moving/scaling things inside the preview window as well.

Thanks & enjoy!

MostHated likes this.
  10. NawarRajab

NawarRajab

Just bought the asset. It has lot's of potential. Keep up the good work.

LarryIRL likes this.
  11. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Thanks NawarRajab, I was just replying to the comment you made on one of the YouTube DevLog videos. :)

12. NawarRajab

NawarRajab

When will the latest update be released? (no pressure :D)
    On another note, I highly recommend focusing your effort on EditorWindow, ScriptableWizard and such. There are many plugins on the asset store that deal with customizing the inspector, but probably only one that creates EditorWindow. The asset store desperately needs a tool creator. Regards.

LarryIRL likes this.
  13. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Haha. If everything goes to plan the latest update will be submitted this week. I have a few small cosmetic things to add, as well as all the documentation, tutorials, etc.... but all that aside it's pretty much ready to go.

The first release of the new interface will have all the essential editor designing stuff for both custom inspectors and editor windows. I will gradually add the more complex things with updates from there.

Editor windows were one of the main drives for me creating the Editor Designer, so I agree that they should be a central part. I haven't had much experience with ScriptableWizards until today but after some experimenting I think it is definitely something I will be implementing in future updates.

NawarRajab likes this.
  14. MostHated

MostHated

: D awwww yiiissss cant wait!

LarryIRL likes this.
  15. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Hey guys, just a quick update.

As mentioned above, everything is good to go. All I have left to do is the documentation / tutorial video. I've been sick for the last couple of days so I didn't get much done during the week just gone. Everything is on track to be submitted in the new week. ;)

Thanks,
    Jason.

16. MostHated

MostHated

Great news. : D I have a bottle of lube and some scented candles all ready to go. : )

LarryIRL likes this.
  17. NawarRajab

NawarRajab

any updates?

18. TimeSlip-G

TimeSlip-G

hello,where is ecgpreview widows?

19. FireMutant

FireMutant

Hi,

I just purchased this asset, but I was surprised that the Asset Store version 0.1 doesn't have any of the updates. Is there an update coming soon?
    Thanks

20. artzfx

artzfx

Amazing! Cant wait to play with the new Editor Window updates in the next release.

21. FireMutant

FireMutant

It seems Jason has disappeared from this forum since the end of February. I hope he is just really busy and hasn't abandoned this asset. It has a lot of potential and I only purchased it because I was looking forward to trying out the new features. Keeping the hope... ;)

22. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Hi everyone, Thanks for all your support and messages.

I've been quite sick of recent and without going into too much detail been unable to keep up the work I'd intended to on this asset.

That being said I have submitted a stable version of the asset with all the new features to the asset store just yesterday (April 24).

Thanks for your patience & sorry for being out of touch.

Thanks & best regards,
    Jason.

tcmeric and artzfx like this.
  23. MostHated

MostHated

Sorry to hear man, hopefully, it turns around and you get better soon!

LarryIRL likes this.
  24. MostHated

MostHated

Got the update, going to be trying it out today. : D So far with the little bit of playing around I did with the design part, its everything I had hoped it would be <3

25. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Awesome, glad to hear it is working!

I started working on cleaning up the code generation & work flow before I got sick. There are few too many work arounds in the current version but it was the most stable version I had ready to go.

The next update will have a better interface, more tools / features, etc.. I've also started implementing an editor window for scriptable wizards however this may end up being a standalone asset just because of the sheer scale of things you can do with them.

I might have to make another DevLog soon but I'm in & out of hospital at the moment so I'll see how I go.

Cheers,
    Jason.

26. Leon_Fang

Leon_Fang

I had email you

27. 3Lighthouses

3Lighthouses

Hi. This looks great, but there's one part that seems to not work for me. The Hierarchy window is blank and I can't edit or remove anything I add. What do I do?

28. LarryIRL

LarryIRL

Hrrmm.... that is quite strange & something I've not been able to replicate.

Were all 4 of the ED Editor Windows open when you tried this?