Search Unity

xcode project generation bug in Windows. Please fix it in the next version.

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Seto, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Seto

Seto

I know where is the bug now.
    In the Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor.dll, there is a class named PostProcessBuildPlayer in the namespace Vuforia.EditorClasses.
    There's a line hard code like below. The bug is caused by it.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private static void ProcessPbxProj(string xCodeProjFileName, PostProcessBuildPlayer.Framework[] frameworks, PostProcessBuildPlayer.ResFile[] resFiles)
    2. {
    3.                     //...
    4.                     streamWriter.BaseStream.Seek(-3L, SeekOrigin.Current);
    5.                     //...
    6. }
    The bug is caused by the NewLine of win and mac is different. It should be coded like this instead.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. streamWriter.BaseStream.Seek(-2L - (long)Environment.NewLine.Length, SeekOrigin.Current);
    Please fix it in the next version.

dvv likes this.
  2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

It is recommended that you generate your XCode project on a Mac machine, especially considering you'll need to build the XCode project on a Mac. Do you have a specific need for generating this XCode project on a Windows machine instead of a Mac?

Thanks!

3. Seto

Seto

Yes. My Windows machine is with better performance than Mac. And I've provided the way to fix the bug. I think you can apply the fix in the next version. The length NewLine for Windows is 2 while the one for Mac is 1. When it's on Mac, it works as before. And it will work as well on Windows, I've tested after I change the code in the DLL. It's a bug existing for long as you can refer to the link below. It's caused by the length of NewLine I mentioning.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16843128/xcode-will-not-parse-project-from-unity
    And also this bug is not just for the user enabling Vuforia. It's for the user who installed Vuforia support for Unity even without enabling Vuforia. This is causing user with Vuforia support for Unity unable to build ios project on Windows.
    Why don't you want to fix it even I provided the fix for it? Although I can modify the DLL myself. But it's with too much trouble to do it every time I upgraded Unity.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  4. vrgz

vrgz

if you don;t fix this.I will go with ue.i am seriously

5. SimonYu999

SimonYu999

HI,there is the solution , why not fix it ?:eek:

When developing , you will meet a lot of accidental situations,so you have to try everything you got,

it is difficult to find such bug, someone else will spend hours even days to find it out ,somebody will overwork for it,

plz fix it ,for other programmers who will trap in such problem.:):);)

6. DumoeDss

DumoeDss

:oops::oops::oops:Why don't you want to fix it that there is a solution

7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello all,

Thanks for your feedback on this. I have raised this issue, and proposed solution, with our production team to evaluate for a future version of Vuforia.

Thanks!

8. dvv

dvv

Unity 2018.1.0b13 still not fixed this issue

9. OREI

OREI

Yes I'm using 2018.1.0f2 and this bug is still exist.
    I'm wondering if they really care about this product.

SaltPixel likes this.
  10. SaltPixel

SaltPixel

2018.2.0b2, lastest assetstore Vuforia update, still the same.
    I have to edit project file every build, what the F***?