Search Unity

XCode Linking Error in plugin/std lib

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by evan_galxyz, Aug 28, 2015.

1. evan_galxyz

evan_galxyz

Hi.

I am not a mac person. I am not a build management person. But we lost our build management person so I need to get builds working for our playtest next week.

I was not here when the plugins were added to the project. I can't even be sure what they do, or if we need them anymore.

Builds work on all platforms except iOS. On iOS, everthing works fine until linking. Then this:

139846: [xcode] "std::__throw_length_error(char const*)", referenced from:
    139847: [xcode] std::vector<unsigned int, std::allocator<unsigned int> >::_M_fill_insert(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<unsigned int*, std::vector<unsigned int, std::allocator<unsigned int> > >, unsigned long, unsigned int const&) in libUnityIOSCameraRecord.a(qtfaststart.o)
    139848: [xcode] ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    139849: [xcode] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

And the same thing for arm64, and when linking locally using XCode.

There are some threads about similar things online, but I don't understand the steps to take to fix them not just locally in our XCode, but in UCB.

If I delete the file with errors, then way more errors are generated, so I think this is a needed file (although I am not positive).

This seems to be a problem with a method that is undefined in the standard library. How do I fix this on UCB?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I am basically a novice with the build process (I do AI), so I don't understand the other threads that are out there.