Search Unity

Question XCode error: Undefined symbol: _UnityARKit_Camera...

Discussion in 'AR' started by movetocursor, Dec 25, 2022.

1. movetocursor

movetocursor

I'm looking for help with this error. FYI, I'm scraping by as a noob at the moment, so basic feedback would be really helpful. I've searched endlessly online and in the forum.

I'm working on a scene to simulate gaze tracking by using a camera Raycast hit to trigger a GameObject with animation. My project scene was working, and then XCode updated, and now its not. I can't solve an XCode generated error message when building to my iPhone 12 Pro.

- the PROBLEM:
    XCode generated error: Undefined symbol: _UnityARKit_Camera_GetTextureReleaseCallbackHandle

These are my project specs:
    - Build: iOS platform to 11.0; applied is ARKit, XR Manager, XR Interaction Tookit
    - I have the AR Camera Background script on my tagged Main Camera. I've tried re-building with it ON and with it OFF, and it doesn't affect the error.
    - I'm not using a custom material on the AR Camera Background script.
    - I'm using Unity's default rendering pipeline.

What I've found, but don't know what to do with these, if anything:
    - This "Camera_Get..." line is referenced in 2 related scripts:
    ARCameraBackground.cs
    ARBackgroundRendererFeature.cs

The ARCameraBackground.cs script that has "Camera_GetTextureReleaseCallbackHandle" includes this commenting:
    // Add this component to a Camera to copy the color camera's texture onto the background.
    // If you are using the Lightweight Render Pipeline (version 5.7.2 or later) or the Univerisal Render
    // Pipeline (version 7.0.0 or later), you must also add the <see "ARBackgroundRendererFeature"> to the list
    // of render features for the scriptable renderer.

I really can't figure out what I need to change, adjust, replace, since I'm not using a custom material or anything beyond the default rendering pipeline.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. movetocursor

movetocursor

This is saolved now. I'll leave this message here in case anyone else encounters this same issue and needs a solution. The problem appeared when XCode auto-updated (grrrr). What solved it was upgrading my Unity Editor version to 2021.3.16f1, paired with XCode 14.2.

3. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

While you are at it, please update ARFoundation, Apple ARKit XR Plug-in, and/or Google ARCore XR Plug-ins to the latest patch versions if applicable. There are significant bugfixes in the latest patches.