Search Unity

[xcode] error: Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '802.0.38.0_0' Reader: '800.0.38_0')

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by jasons, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jasons

jasons

Description of issue:

UCB fails when trying to link my app. I suspect it is because I am using 3rd party SDKs that contain bitcode created in a more recent xcode (8.3) and UCB only has xcode 8.0 available for me to select.

XCode version: 8.0 UCB

Local build platform: El Capitan. I can only run xcode 8.0 locally, because el capitan can't use xcode 8.3 So, I also get the same invalid bitcode error when archiving locally. I can build & deploy to my device from my local machine, but can not use the Archive function of Xcode. Because of this issue, I decided to try to use UCB instead of my El Capitan to delay/avoid upgrading my mac..but it looks like UCB is using the same outdated version of Xcode as I am.

Build target: iOS

Relevant plugins being used: Fyber with 6 mediated ad network SDKs. Flurry.

Build log (relevant chunk):

14162: [xcode] error: Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '802.0.38.0_0' Reader: '800.0.38_0')
    14163: [xcode] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    14164: [xcode] ** ARCHIVE FAILED **

800.0.38_0 means xcode 8.0
    802.0.38.0_0 means xcode 8.3

Is the UCB mac enviroment capable of using xcode 8.3 (requires Sierra) yet? Can you please make xcode 8.3 available on UCB?

2. KochSDK

KochSDK

We are experiencing this same issue with our latest SDK. Are there plans to support xcode 8.3 in the near future?

3. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Xcode 8.3 is in the works but no ETA yet as it's still being tested :)

- Sophia

4. sagocloudbuild

sagocloudbuild

Hi SophiaC, just wanted to bump this. We use Cloud Build for our app store builds and Apple will only accept builds made with 8.3.x starting May 10th 2017 so this is a high priority for us.

5. Marzipan

Marzipan

Since upgrading to Unity 5.6.0 we also get the "invalid bitcode version" error the OP reported, meaning we cannot currently use UCB to produce iOS builds. Having the option to build with 8.3 would presumably fix the issue.

6. jeremytm

jeremytm

Any movement on this? We're seeing:

Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '802.0.36.0_0' Reader: '800.0.38_0')

7. jeremytm

jeremytm

Nevermind, our Unity Cloud Build settings were still locked to xcode 8.0. Have updated this to 'latest' which should use 8.3.

8. ashiokai

ashiokai

I fixed this error by deleteing the FBSDK that i added to my game project.

It uses something called cocoa and it stopped it archiving correctly.

unityunity