Search Unity

xCode can't open unity project

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by fred_gds, Nov 22, 2013.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I have the problem that xCode won't open my project anymore. I have the problem since a couple of days with a project I already have been working on quite some time. So I tried to just Build and then open but that didn't work. The error I am getting is:

Project /Users/***/Documents/Unity/****/Oct20.01.02/Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed.

I have no idea why it doesn't work before it worked earlier without problems. I have the newest xCode and the newest Unity version installed.

I have registered that the project.pbxproj file was empty so I tried to copy the project.backup.pbxproj into it.

That made xCode open the file. So I still couldn't build it as I got a a number of Errors which seem to come from the Facebook SDK (the official one from Facebook) which I now completely deleted from project and now it works again.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

I'm having this exact problem. What was your solution?

3. marjan

marjan

i have this issue after importing some plugins which use their own Postprocessbuildplayers to copy stuff into the final Xcode project.

First i used Vuforia AR and Prime31 etcetera, those 2 together worked fine.
    Then i had to integrate AdjustIO and then i get this Error every second build.
    Means, i can make one clean build: thats ok.
    I can make another appending build (build and run): thats ok
    but every third time, the project cannot be parsed any more.

Thus, i either make every second time a new build or i have to remove AdjustIO for now.

4. NehaSingh

NehaSingh

I am vuforia AR with unity 2017.2 after creating iOS xcode I am getting error message .xcodeproj could not be opened project file cannot parsed unity and not able to run xcode.

5. NehaSingh

NehaSingh

[#SOLVED]
    Guys, I was also facing same issue i.e.(.xcodeproj could not be opened project file cannot be parsed unity and not able to run Xcode.) with unity 2017.2.0f3 while running Xcode on Mac system where Xcode was generated from windows OS,

what we need to do is just we have to generate XCODE(build) from Mac OS rather than windows, that's it.

Keep exploring!!