Search Unity

Xcode API and .tbd files

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by liortal, Dec 21, 2015.

1. liortal

liortal

I submitted a PR a while back to the Xcode API. This should allow adding references to .tbd files (new file type added in Xcode 7).

The PR is available here: https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technol...2/add-support-for-the-new-tbd-files-with/diff

I'd like to know if anyone is looking at it and whether we should expect it (or support for what it attempted to achieve) to be available in a near-coming Unity version.

2. poolts

poolts

Code (CSharp):
    1. proj.AddFileToBuild(target, proj.AddFile("usr/lib/libz.tbd", "Frameworks/libz.tbd", PBXSourceTree.Sdk));
    I'm also trying to add a tbd file to ensure my project compiles on UCB. The other frameworks add file just not files with the .tdb extension.

Any workaround for this, or do I need to wait for the new API?

I'm using Unity 5.3.1f1.

tonemcbride likes this.
  3. liortal

liortal

I don't think you can do it currently. As you can see in my original message (above), I submitted this fix so it will be included in a later XcodeAPI version. They said it will probably be in 5.3.1p2, so i guess we should wait until it's released.

5.3.1p1 was released on 23/12, so the next patch should probably be out pretty soon :)

4. poolts

poolts

5. liortal

liortal

Yes i saw that too. I just mailed Povillas to see if there were any issues with this fix. Will update this thread :)

6. poolts

poolts

Ah luck on this? Have you tried 5.3.1p2's Xcode API yet?

7. liortal

liortal

I don't think this change made it into 5.3.1p2 :(

8. poolts

poolts

Just tried building against 5.3.1p3, still doesn't look like it's been merged in. Had any more luck with this?

9. liortal

liortal

Nope. I just submitted them my code fix for this... It's up to them to merge that into a new version..

10. liortal

liortal

11. liortal

liortal

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am trying to load .tbd file in unity. i want to build an application for mac. can you please help me to do this?

13. liortal

liortal

I've only used it for iOS. Are you sure this is supported? does this file contain the actual code or is it something else?

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
    unity is not supporting. but my client want me to load .tbd file in unity. i contact unity customer care they replied

Hi ManojBalaji3001,

A new answer to the question How to load tdb file in unity? was posted by hexagonius on Unity Answers:

you'll have to write an importer for it unless sometime did already, but tdb is not supported and you need to help unity to convert that into something it understands:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ScriptedImporters.html

But i am not understanding this. so i am seeking your help.

15. liortal

liortal

I have no prior experience with that. i may be able to provide (paid) consulting for this if u want, but i don't have any experience with that right now.