Search Unity

xcode and uadsbanner.h

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nijobe-Softworks, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Nijobe-Softworks

Nijobe-Softworks

I am having an issue trying to build to iOS from my MacBook Pro 2011. My issue is that I am getting an error saying Uadsbanner.h header not found when trying to build through Xcode. It gets to this point and then the build fails. I have updated Ads and In App Purchasing to the latest version, tried removing and re-importing those packages. These steps have not solved the problem. I am using xcode 10, unity 2019.3.7f1, and a mac with high Sierra.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nijobe-Softworks

Nijobe-Softworks

The project compiles for android and windows with no issues.

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I don't think you're going to put anything out with this old version of XCode.

As of now you can use XCode 12 but in a few more weeks XCode 13 will be required.

Google up "ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue" for more info

4. Nijobe-Softworks

Nijobe-Softworks

The issue with upgrading, as I understand it, is that my MacBook Pro IOS is high Sierra meaning I can not upgrade Xcode unless I have iOS 12 or higher..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  5. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I upload updated builds of my games to Apple (and Android) literally every single week.

XCode 12+ has been required for at least a year, and in 17 more days, XCode 13+ will be required

If you think there is some exemption that I don't know about, by all means give it a whirl with Apple support.

6. Nijobe-Softworks

Nijobe-Softworks

I am not understanding what you mean by this... As I understand it...I can't upgrade my version of Xcode past 10.1 because my MacBook Pro OS is 10.13.6.

Am I missing something?

7. Nijobe-Softworks

Nijobe-Softworks

This is still an issue with the latest version of Xcode and a 2019 MacBook Pro running monterey.

8. Nijobe-Softworks

Nijobe-Softworks

-update-

We were able to fix this issue.

-We moved to "In App Purchasing", "Advertizements", and "Analytics Library" to verified versions and rebuilt to Xcode.
    -We replaced the "UnityAds.framework" folder under Frameworks/iOS with one from the unity github of the same version number.

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-ios/releases

-We changed the target membership of UnityAdsUnityWrapper.mm under Libraries/Plugins/iOS to not be part of the project (Unchecked).

after making these changes we were able to successfully build.

I hope this helps

9. Ohyouknow

Ohyouknow

This didn't work for me. I'm having the same issues. Any other things to try?

UPDATE:

Easy Fix- make sure you don't have duplicate plugins or headers in your project. For me, I had to go to Plugins>iOS>Plugins>iOS and then delete any unity ad related plugins/headers. Once I removed all of those, I imported Unity Ads SDK and had a successful Xcode build.

My assumption for your fix is that you had duplicates, so you ended up turning off one of the plugins but if you had deleted the duplicate, you'd have the same result :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022