Search Unity

XCode 6 && iOS8

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by noyeti, Oct 15, 2014.

1. noyeti

noyeti

Hi!
    Will UCB be updated to use XCode 6? (The build logs say UCB is using XCode 5.1.1) I'm finding some plugins require the build to target iOS 8 which is a XCode 6 features only I believe (atleast I was forced to upgrade to to XCode6 on my mac to build and run on a 5s with iOS8).

I've seen some other issues in the forums which look related.

Many thanks

jamesmilkcap likes this.
  2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@noyeti - yes, eventually we will update to use Xcode 6 on UCB. We're in the process of doing some tests and will being supporting it once we've worked out any potential issues. I'll make sure to post a note here on this thread, once that is live on the service. Thanks!

3. noyeti

noyeti

Thanks Nate, sorry to be pushy but do you have a time line you are working to? When I look at the build server I see a wall of red and this makes me very sad :(

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  4. noyeti

noyeti

I noticed unity 4.5.5 has support for iOS 8, does that mean we'll have xcode6 soon?

5. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

+1 I have a plugin that I think requires IOS 8 and I get an error when I try to make a build, please add support for IOS 8 soon

6. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@Victor_Kallai and @noyeti ...
    Xcode 6 is now be available in Unity Cloud Build! You will need to select it manually in your project settings.

EDIT: If you've chosen 'Latest' then your project should starting using Xcode 6 with nothing required on your part.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    jamesmilkcap and Victor_Kallai like this.
  7. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

@hypeNate Thanks a lot, you guys rock!