Search Unity

Xcode 10 : Archive a project with ARMv7 ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by AlexKhundar, Oct 30, 2018.

1. AlexKhundar

AlexKhundar

Hi there,

Since I updated to Xcode 10, I realized that it seems to be now impossible to Archive a project with an architecture set to Universal. Long story short, and after a few hours of tests, it seems to be because of the ARMv7 architecture, which seems to be not supported anymore by Xcode. When I set the iOS Player settings Architecture to ARM64 and not anymore to Universal, it works great.
    So, I'm quite forced to exclude ARMv7 now, and question is : Is it a big deal ? At first, I was a little bothered by this because I saw in the "Market insights" tab of the Analytics page that ARMv7 processors on iOS represents 11% of the market, which is something. Then, I realized that the default target minimum iOS version was 8.0. And even iOS 8.0 uses ARM64, if I'm right (I found this very useful matrix somewhere in the Internet).
    So, should we definitely abandon the ARMv7 architecture on iOS ? I guess this is not a good idea to lower the target minimum iOS version, right ? What do you guys think about all this ?

2. Crichton333

Crichton333

iOS 12 sits at 50% of devices, iSO 11 at 40%, the rest is 10% (mostly iOS10). So iOS 8 would be around 0,1%. No need for lower minimum iOS versions.

3. AlexKhundar

AlexKhundar

Hey, I know I'm bumping an old thread but I'm still quite lost. I'm now on Unity 2018.2.20f1 and I still can not build on ARMv7 or Universal (Xcode just runs forever). I can only build on ARM64. I thought this was not important but I found out on Unity Analytics Market Insights that today and on iOS, ARMv7 architecture represents 10% of the market, which is something...
    How is it I can not build on ARMv7 ?