Search Unity

[XBOX Prototype] "The Pilot" - Action Shooter RPG w/ SILVER AI Engine

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AIBotSystem_com, Nov 30, 2015.

1. AIBotSystem_com

AIBotSystem_com

Hello all,

This is an early tech demo of both our side project and our in-house A.I. engine.

The side project is an action shooter titled "The Pilot," an action-packed singleplayer campaign where here you play a crash-landed pilot lost deep inside enemy territory. We'll probably release this on XBOX, but as it is only a side project, are unsure when it will be finished.

The AI used is our SILVER A.I. Engine - (will be available for purchase on the Asset Store soon)
    If you're interested, feel free to visit our AI engine website: www.AIBotSystem.com

Suggestions, comments, all welcome!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

The game looks nice from a FPS view. I didn't notice the AI of enemies standing out in any way. Seems like they just stood there and shot at you or slowly advanced while shooting at you. Like I didn't notice any attempting to dodge, take cover or otherwise protect themselves. So actually for a FPS AI it is probably perfect. It may be more fun to just shoot them like a carnival shoot than it would be if the enemies actually acted like they valued their own well-being.

3. hopeful

hopeful

I watched the video, and I have to agree that so far as I could tell, the NPC AI wasn't doing much.

4. AIBotSystem_com

AIBotSystem_com

Ahh, good point!! I guess we played and shot "too quickly" at the AI without waiting for them to do their thing...

Should probably do a re-take where we wait and stand around to see the AI doing stuff....I guess this was more of a "Gameplay video" for the game itself, and not so much the AI...

but thanks for pointing it out! we'll probably work on a re-take!

hopeful and GarBenjamin like this.
  5. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Also keep in mind most gamers will likely play just as you did in the video. So if the AI is not doing anything under these conditions then basically the AI isn't doing anything.

I think your video of play is great. It is the ideal test probably. Just adjust the AI so it applies to this kind of scenario.

On another note the game itself looks very good graphically.

Finally, and this may be the most important of all, I rarely play FPS. Have played them before but not something I normally play. So my comments are just from a "general" perspective and based on previously playing Borderlands and so forth.

AIBotSystem_com likes this.
  6. AIBotSystem_com

AIBotSystem_com

Thanks for the nice comments! Totally understand what you mean and I agree.

Though we will still probably make a much shorter, second video of the same game that shows more of what the AI does. Thanks you two for your observations on the AI.

7. Recon03

Recon03

AI seems to be not doing much at all, also the AI firing, shots/lasers what ever would annoy me, since they are going all over the place. I like to see more, good luck!

8. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

Looks great, goodluck with development