Search Unity

XBox One UWP Game NetworkManager MatchMaker.CreateMatch

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by snair692, Sep 23, 2018.

1. snair692

snair692

I can't figure out why matchMaker.CreateMatch isn't working on my UWP xbox one build -- it works on the UWP Desktop build just fine, but on the xbox one it hits a timeout and never works. Maybe something to do with the fact that the unity matchmaker server is using port 443 and the xbox doesn't like it? I'm not sure.

Wonder if I am not able to use the Relay Servers on the xbox One? Couldn't find any documentation at all in regards to unity multiplayer on a UWP Xbox build so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. snair692

snair692

Anyone out there have any experience using Unity Multiplayer on Xbox one can throw me a bone?

3. snair692

snair692

On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely to get any response to this?:p

4. snair692

snair692

Is it possible to use Unity Matchmaking services on the Xbox One itself? If so, any pointers on my issue?

5. snair692

snair692

Is there just not anybody making multiplayer networked games for Xbox? Seems like this is a simple yes or no question:)

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Since Xbox has their own networking solution (XIM I think it is called), I'd guess that the number of Xbox developers choosing Unity's deprecated network services is pretty small.

7. snair692

snair692

Is there any way that you are aware of to use things like the [Command] and [ClientRPC] but while taking advantage of the XIM networking infra-structure? Or is it that I will have to re-write everything myself from the ground up?

8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Sorry, I haven't done anything with XIM. I'd ask about that in an Xbox specific forum (I think there is some hidden forum for Xbox).

9. snair692

snair692

Still haven't found an appropriate answer for this one. Then again I haven't signed up for the @Id program yet either.... kind of want a working game first before I sign up for the platform to sell it on?

Everything is fine if I "host a local match" on the xbox one, And everything is fine period on all desktop builds. However the xbox one builds simply will not connect to unity matchmaker at all and I am not too sure why?

It is establishing connections to my own server/services just fine, so for some inexplicable reason the unity relay service is just not working on the xbox one

10. Barkers-Crest

Barkers-Crest

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2017/08/10/xbox-live-creators-program-now-live/

https://unity3d.com/partners/microsoft/creators-program

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/known-issues

I suggest if your game is working well enough on PC to demonstrate your concept, go ahead and submit your concept to ID@xbox.

11. snair692

snair692

Thank you for confirming this for me. I will take your advice and proceed. I guess I was confused because the xbox allows me to connect to my own login/authentication server which is hosted off location, so the xbox itself isn't denying me the access to mutiplayer services. I guess thats more of a unity enforcing Microsoft's policy thing.

Either way, I think I'm ready to submit for the ID program and appreciate your response!