Search Unity

Xbox One hangs & exits back to DevHome shortly after loading screen

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nyarsulik, Oct 31, 2018.

1. nyarsulik

nyarsulik

I recently added some "improvements" to my game only to run into some problems with building. This seems to be the output from the breakpoint that is triggered (note: I am not an expert at debugging anything):

An exception occured in SignInManagerof type: PlayerRequestedIsNotSignedIn Details: Get User Failed: Player 1 is not signed in.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    Microsoft.Xbox.Services.Client.XboxLiveServicesSettings:HandleExceptions(XboxLiveException)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityAction`1:Invoke(T0)
    Microsoft.Xbox.Services.Client.ExceptionManager:ThrowException(ExceptionSource, ExceptionType, Exception)
    Microsoft.Xbox.Services.Client.SignInManager:ValidatePlayerNumber(Int32, String, XboxLiveOperationType)
    Microsoft.Xbox.Services.Client.SignInManager:GetPlayer(Int32)
    Microsoft.Xbox.Services.Client.PlayerAuthentication:Start()
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

The thread 0x3c08 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Assertion failed on expression: 'sourcePoint->w > 0.0f'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Geometry/BoundingUtils.cpp Line: 266)
    Extrorb - Halloween Edition.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

I don't do anything in VS except for adjust the visual assets before I build, so this is a new one for me. If I run this on my PC in Master it works great, no problems. If I run this in debug on my PC I get the above breakpoint. If I fully build (which passes the Windows App Certification Tests) and transfer over to the Xbox it will begin to load my first scene (which is a simple loader scene that loads a larger main menu scene). Shortly after the loader screen appears I hear some of the sounds/background music from the main menu, but then everything freezes, and then a few seconds later Xbox returns to the DevHome.

I don't think this is the sign in part that is the problem, but since that was showing up I added that here as well in case I am missing something.

Major visual elements since my current launched product (which hopefully aren't the problem):
    * Gaia
    * Enviro
    * Aquas

Any extra nudge in the right direction here would be very helpful and much appreciated! My game has been out since last year so this was supposed to just be a fun free update, but I totally missed the deadline on this since Halloween is tomorrow :).

-Nick

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That specific error looks like a failing assert. However, it should only happen in debug builds (we'd still like a bug report on it, if possible).

For the Xbox One crash: can you try running release/master build on it with a debugger attached? It should show you where the crash occurs.

3. nyarsulik

nyarsulik

Thanks again Tautvydas-Zilys, especially for working on Halloween! I hate to ask this, is there somewhere you can point me to on how to attach a debugger like you mention? Is that in the VS documentation somewhere? Or would that be from running the game on Xbox via VS?

4. nyarsulik

nyarsulik

I think I found what you are talking about... Using the "attach to unity" option in VS. But did you mean to debug while it is in the unity editor or would I somehow debug after I build in VS?

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I meant running the game on Xbox via VS. It's not the same as using "Attach to Unity" option.

6. nyarsulik

nyarsulik

One more random problem, I can't seem to get VS to accept the IP or the host name? I have entered it just as the IP, I have tried just the main name XboxOne, but each time it says it can't deploy without a "machine name". I double checked the IP a few times, and I enter the exact one the Xbox One shows on DevHome. Heck, VS even lists it as "automatically" finding it. I did some searches to see if there are others with this problem and they all said to "clean" the solution but that doesn't seem to fix it for me.

3>Error: Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor cannot start without a Machine Name. Open project properties and specify a Machine Name under 'Configuration Properties -> Debugging'

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You need to enter IP in the "Machine Name" field. Also make sure that you're entering it in the configuration you are building, as that is a per-configuration setting.

8. nyarsulik

nyarsulik

Ah, got it. Sorry, I must not have had the right configuration set. Able to run debugging now, will try and see what errors pop up.

9. nyarsulik

nyarsulik

I finally got this all working, only to realize that I was missing the additional line in the app manifest to allow it to work on Xbox One. It would surprise me that this was the issue, but here is the line for anyone else who might run into this:

<uap:SupportedUsers>multiple</uap:SupportedUsers>
    add Under the
    <Properties></Properties>

Once I added this in it stopped crashing/exiting.

Thanks for your help Tautvydas-Zilys!

tapticc likes this.