Search Unity

Xbox One and Visual Studio Debugger Issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MrEsquire, Oct 14, 2016.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi,

Has anyone experienced any issues with debugger, each time I try and run a build on my Xbox One, latest version of all software I firstly get this issues:

DEP6953: Failed to launch remote debugger with the following error: DEP6953 - command failed 0x800705b4

Then I have to rerun build deployment and it seems to work?

cluelessDev likes this.
  2. cluelessDev

cluelessDev

Hello,

I have been having the same issue.
    For me though, I still get the error even if I rerun the build deployment.
    I keep getting it in all modes: debug, release and master.
    When I reset the Xbox One and make a new windows store build and configure everything from scratch, it works until I eventually get into the same problem.

Has anyone found a solution? This is really frustrating !!!

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes I was not able figure it out, I thinking it maybe to do with the speed Microsoft releasing updates and Unity cannot keep up, I cannot say its Unity issue but I do not remember getting it before, but I upgraded both Unity and Visual Studio and Windows builds. I may do fresh install Visual Studio again to be sure. Funny think it seems only happen Xbox for me and got Xbox One S

4. cluelessDev

cluelessDev

Okay, so I finally figured out how to bypass this issue. Instead of running on remote machine (F5) or running without debugger (ctrl + F5), you have to only do a clean and then deploy. I never got the error again when using these two operations. The only difference is that it takes a bit of time after successful deployment, for the game to start running on the xbox. You may even have to go into your xbox apps & games and run it yourself.

5. blueteak

blueteak

Having this issue as well, and unfortunately the Clean + Deploy Solution did not work (using an Xbox One X and Unity 2017.2.0p2)

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

^ is the error message and code the same?

7. blueteak

blueteak

Yes, however I was able to fix it as my Remote Machine was named incorrectly (had added port instead of just IP address)

JohanVerwey likes this.
  8. JohanVerwey

JohanVerwey

Thank you!! That was it!

9. TomaszWozniak1981

TomaszWozniak1981

Hi,
    I'm having the same issue today - yesterday was fine. I'm trying to deploy on Xbox UWP Unity game:
    Failed to launch remote debugger with the following error: 'Command failed: 0x800705b4'

Please help

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Did you try restarting your Xbox? Are updates on Xbox installed?

11. TomaszWozniak1981

TomaszWozniak1981

Yes. Everything updated, vs run as administrator, Xbox restarted, dev mode switched on/off several times. Finally new VS 2019 installed. Need help still.

12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Which Unity version are you on? Does build & run from Unity via "device portal" path work (this was added in 2019.2)?

13. TomaszWozniak1981

TomaszWozniak1981

Unity 2019.2.5f1. I managed to deploy app package to the Xbox and debug it with Debug->OtherDebugOptions->Attach to App Package.

14. ficklelimes

ficklelimes

Has anyone found a solution?