Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Live cross-save between UWP/XboxOne

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dougmolina, May 22, 2019.

1. dougmolina

dougmolina

Hey guys.

( I know this is possibly not the best place to ask this, but I'm in a bit of a hurry and it felt like there are more active users here :( )

I'm almost done porting a game from Xbox One to Windows(UWP), but I'm having trouble syncing the save data between the two (Connected Storage - using Xbox Live Plugin).
    When the game starts, it will successfully log into an user, but immediately shows the message "We can't sync your data with the cloud right now."

If I choose to Play offline, the storage save/load works as if it were in "offline mode"... It persists through different accounts as I swap users, but it just can't sync the data to the cloud. (the cloud storage is always 'empty')

So it looks like it's just saving to local storage, but I even tried to run "gamesaveutil.exe" from Windows SDK and it just can't find any data... I tried generating data and importing with the tool, but it didn't work.

On code side:
    GameSaveBlobGetResult loadResult = container.GetAsync(blobsToRead).AsTask().Result
    results in :
    loadResult = null
    loadResult.Status = BlobNotFound .

Setup:
    - Unity 2018.3.14f1 (IL2CPP, .NET 4x) with Xbox Live Plugin
    - Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 (v 15.9.11)
    - Windows SDK 10.0.18362.0
    - Both Windows and XboxOne Devkit are using the same sandbox
    - I'm using the same test accounts between platforms

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Running Xbstorage (xbox one) does return some valid data, so I guess the main problem is with the "UWP" login

Last edited: May 25, 2019