Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Live Creator's Program

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SorneBachse, Mar 2, 2017.

1. SorneBachse

SorneBachse

Hey.

So as some of you may have seen, Microsoft announced the Xbox Live Creator's Program yesterday. What this means is that anyone can soon self-publish on the Xbox One onto a special place on the store, and with that, be able to play around with the Xbox Live API.

So if you follow their guide, they will link to their Plugin on the asset store.. and that's where the problem is. The link to the asset store refers to nothing. Just a blank tab. I tried contacting the Windows Dev Center on twitter, but I just got some generic customer service replies.

So I was wondering if any of you have had a go at it? Or maybe got a solution for it?

Thanks in advance.

PS. This is the guide I'm talking about:
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-...started/creators/configure-xbox-live-in-unity

UPDATE:
    They updated the link with a Git Hub repository. It should work now :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Nice link there :D

upload_2017-3-2_22-58-8.png

They probably didn't have the chance to upload the package to the Asset Store with all the GDC craziness. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

3. SorneBachse

SorneBachse

Alright, thanks for the quick reply! I guess I'll just have to wait :)

4. SorneBachse

SorneBachse

Just wanted make an update:

I got in touch when the developers on Stack Overflow, and they replaced the link with a Git Hub repository. So it should work now :)

5. tech247

tech247

6. DrunkReaperMatt

DrunkReaperMatt

7. SwarmHammer

SwarmHammer

One thing I discovered by accident, is that I was scratching my head when I tried to fix a strange bug in the newest Windows Store update, which could not show me any apps. The discovery: in Unity, using the Xbox Live Plugin, I never put back the developer mode to disable, which actually restarts the XBox Live Authorization manager to the chosen preset. In dev mode, the Windows Store cannot work since the new update requires XBox Live authorization (the merging between XBox Store and Windows Store might be the culprit here). The fix: launch Unity with your xbox live project and disable Dev mode in the XBox Live configurator. the Store should work again.

8. Seiryu33

Seiryu33

Hi. I'm also in the Creator program but how do I upload games to the Xbox store? Only documents I've found relate to the Windows Store and publishing on consoles.

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You upload to Windows Store. It's the same store.

10. Seiryu33

Seiryu33

Oh! Okay! I heard of them moving to UWp support in Xbox One so they could integrate both stores together but wasn't sure of the specifics.