Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Live Async Calls Not Returning

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Quasimodem, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Quasimodem

Quasimodem

Hello, hoping to find a little assistance here, as Microsoft has not been fast to look into this issue.

I have a Unity game built on UWP, .NET4.x, IL2CPP, Unity 2018.22.f1, and the 1807 release of https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-api/releases. Frequently, users complain that they are stuck on the title screen and unable to log in to their Xbox Live account.

After looking at the resultant log file for these cases, I see clear evidence that XBL is hung on async calls to
    SignInAsync() or GetForUserAsync(). The async operation just never completes, successfully or not.

This of course prevents the game from validating a user account, connecting cloud storage, syncing save files, etc. Our only real option is to just block the user on the title screen, trusting that the XBL calls will work.

We have never been able to recreate this issue locally, on a wide variety of installs. I've seen numerous posts around the internet of devs with similar issues, but none have been publicly resolved.

Does anyone here have any insight into what's going on here? Would be greatly appreciated!