Search Unity

Bug Xbox controller not updating fast enough in build

Discussion in 'Input System' started by OriolSC, Jun 5, 2021.

1. OriolSC

OriolSC

Not sure if this classifies as a bug.
    Since it works in the editor and not in the build, I guess it does.

This is a bug related to a Xbox controller (have not tested it with other controllers) where if the player turns a joystick (left joystick in my case) very fast, all the next inputs will be completely ignored.
    upload_2021-6-5_1-3-34.png

The following screenshoot "shows" this bug. Here I did 3 movements. I began moving to the right which gets printed followed by a normal/slow direction change to the left which also appears. Before changing directions, as you can see, ReadValue<float>() returns a value of 0 so the string "Stop" is printed. For the last movement, I went right again but this time I moved the joystick very fast so nor the "Stop" message nor the "Right" string was printed. When this bug happens, the player will indefinitely keep moving to the same last direction it read (makes sense) and it will not stop until either the joystick is released or a new slower input movement is performed which the system can detect.
    upload_2021-6-5_1-10-26.png

I believe this is a bug related to how often does Input System updates because I increased the delay between each detection and this way even if I moved the joystick slower, the messages would not get printed. However, I tried reducing the delay to its minimum but the issue still persisted. It is not a major bug but it is quite annoying, even more when in the editor, works fine.