Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Controller not recognized on Xbox One [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Input System' started by SBieliayevUT, Sep 13, 2021.

1. SBieliayevUT

SBieliayevUT

Hi,
    While working with new input system package I have got an issue that my xbox controller works perfectly on PC but is not recognized when testing build on Xbox One (Game Core). Definitely not a controller problem as it works well with old input system. I created new project from scratch and added new input system visualizer sample. Again this sample works on PC but not on Xbox One. Value of Gamepad.current is null on Xbox.
    Seems like I am missing something but have found no info on my issue so far. Any ideas what could go wrong there? :(
    My unity version is 2020.3 and Input System version is 1.0.2

2. dmytro_at_unity

dmytro_at_unity

Unity Technologies

If I understand correctly you're a licensed Xbox One developer? Then you need a special Xbox One package that contains extensions for input system. You should be able to get it in Xbox One forum available to the licensed devs.

SBieliayevUT likes this.
  3. SBieliayevUT

SBieliayevUT

Yes, you were right! Thank you, I found missing package there.

4. Andriska07

Andriska07

Same problem here. Where did you found that package and how could you install?

5. BTStone

BTStone

You need to be a registered Xbox Developer, if that's true you need to contact Unity and tell them that you are, they will check and then approve you for the forums, there in the forums you'll be able to download the package.

6. Andriska07

Andriska07

Thanks for the answer, meanwhile I could fix it in Player settings, there was a line in the middle with "Mobil Input" or similar. After I deleted that line, the controller works perfectly. Anyway, thanks again for your reply, I'm registered Developer in Xbox Live.

Now I fighting with a new problem: the game is very slow on xbox, and very strange an xbox one has much lower performance in 2023 than a PC.