Search Unity

XBOX 360 D-Pad inverted on Unity Linux 5.2.2f1+20151018-1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Wulfara, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Wulfara

Wulfara

Hi. First I really want to express my gratitude to you for bringing Unity to Linux. Like others have already said Unity was the only reason I was forced to switch to Windows.

I'm experiencing some bugs in Unity that are already reported (the arrow keys bug and the asset store white screen mainly) but I'm posting about a different issue that I haven't found in this forum.

I have an "Xbox 360 Gamepad for Windows" which was running smoothly on my project on Windows. Now that I switched to Linux everything works fine unless the D-Pad directions that I use for moving the character and through menu's buttons via Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") and Input.GetAxis("Vertical"). This is the misbehaviour in Linux:

- Left D-Pad direction: moves down
    - Right D-Pad direction: moves up
    - Up and Down D-Pad directions: doesn't move at all

Looks like it is taking different axis than it takes on Windows so at first I though it was not a Unity problem but something related with the way Linux Xbox driver recognizes the gamepad. But when I play any Linux Steam game with full Xbox gamepad support my D-Pad works fine, without any axis misplaced. I also read that Linux Xbox button and axis mapping is supossed to be the same than it is on Windows out of the box... So maybe it really is a Unity issue?

Note that left analog stick that I use for the same purposes and via Input.GetAxis too is working perfectly.

I'm running Unity for Linux 5.2.2f1+20151018-1 on Arch Linux 64 bits.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015