Search Unity

Xbox 360 controller + Android: How to get right thumbstick input?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Tset_Tsyung, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Tset_Tsyung

Tset_Tsyung

Hey guys 'n' girls.

This is a question that doesn't seem to have much in the way of answers on the net.

I'm looking to make (along side my other project) a family friendly Google Cardboard FPS (water fight instead of bloodshed) with xbox 360 controller support. You look around with your head, but turn, aim and move with the controller - yes I'm prepared to change this due to motion sickness.

The problem is that even though I've tried to adjust input in the manager as per the recommendation here (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/xbox-360-controller-with-android-honeycomb-and-above.143034/) I still don't any input from the right thumbstick. So you can run forwards, strafe and look around... but not aim or turn.

Any thoughts? Does Android not support the right thumbstick?

I also have an issue with the networkmanagerHUD not showing on the android device (just spawning straight away, thus bypassing OnStartLocalPlayer) but that's another story, lol.

2. Tset_Tsyung

Tset_Tsyung

Right... I'm very embarrassed to say this... But total schoolboy/noob/I.D.10T error. Basically after building the game an copying the new apk file to the phone I kept forgetting to uninstall the old and replace with the new. So for the whole day, as Ive been tweaking, rebuilding and "redeploying" to the phone I've been testing on THE SAME CRAPPY SOFTWARE BUILD... I'm going to bed... See y'all tomorrow, lol.