Search Unity

x86 apps failing?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by BugraC, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BugraC

BugraC

Hello,

Recently, I am trying to send my app to Windows Store as x86 and ARM structure. Each time that I sent the application to Windows Store, ARM is passing the Technical compliance test. However, x86 is failing this test.

Each of my apps are compiled in release profile and when I am running my tests for my x86 application, it is passing the WACK 3.0 test.

My application type is C# Direct-X 11 as I have chosen from Unity 3d.

Am I doing something wrong? Before I could send another application but since WACK 3.0 came, I couldn't send any application to Windows Store from Unity 3d as x86.

My Unity 3d version is also 4.2.1 latest cycle.

Any ideas?

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Could you attach the WACK report files to this thread?

3. BugraC

BugraC

Hello Tomas,

It is in the attachment.

Attached Files:

4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

This test shows success, do you have a report with that failure ?

Or are you saying you don't get that failure locally on your machine?

5. BugraC

BugraC

I am not getting this failure locally on my machine. When I send the application however:

$Failure.PNG

Do you have any ideas Tomas?

6. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

No idea.... Have you tried clicking those links "Learn more", where do they take you ?

7. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

8. BugraC

BugraC

I sent an e-mail to Microsoft. None of those links are helpful. If they send me the result from their server, I can share. I am not sure but this might be a bug. Whatever I tried, it is not working...

Unfortunately, msdn forums are not also working. I heard that Microsoft is updating their forum services. When I click the link, it is giving me this error:

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

9. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Guys,
    I've also got the same problem. Locally both WACK3.0 and the RT version of the test pass, so I have no idea why it fails the automated WACK on MS side. I also get the exact same cert failure report sent to me with no details on what I can do to solve the problem. I'm going to try to get hold of the local MS guys to find out what this is about.

10. _creatio_

_creatio_

Hey guys!
    We got same problem.
    We're keeping contact with MS on this issue too.
    Looks like there is some issue that is supposed to be resolved on their side.

11. rumorgames

rumorgames

A friend of mine failed cert with this issue as well. Support told him to rerun WACK locally, he responded that he did and it passes locally, and we're still waiting on a response.

I'm surprised and disappointed they make people jump through hoops to diagnose technical failures, rather than just providing the output from the report.

12. _creatio_

_creatio_

Guys, how did you get WACK 3.0? Did you installed Windows SDK 8.1 or Visual Studio 2013?
    Or may be there is some other way to install WACK 3.0 without all the mentioned above?

I suspect that my problem appears because I got WACK 2.2 locally even though I got the latest VS 2012 update, and the remote WACK is 3.0 (it contains several new tests that might be failing in my case).

13. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

14. _creatio_

_creatio_

Thanks Tomas!
    I have updated my Windows SDK to 8.1
    Now I got WACK 3.0, but still it can't detect any troubles. :(
    MS still can't clarify the situation.

15. digitalerr0r

digitalerr0r

We have the same issue. Our app is passing WACK 2.2 and 3.x on local computers. The xapp has been scanned for malware from multiple computers, and has been rebuilt on completely different computers just to see if it has been an effect. We have tried to get it out 10 times tyring everything (like recoding all js scripts to c#, submit from different computers and so on).

Anyone heard any updates regarding this issue?

Our game is really simple and almost no assets from asset store has been used - just to try and publish a "pure built-in unity" game.

16. mkiio

mkiio

We're facing a similar issue just trying to submit an update to our game. Passes WACK 3.0 and 2.2, run on x86 and ARM. All previous updates have gone through without issue.

Opened a ticket with Microsoft yesterday and waiting on a response.

17. mkiio

mkiio

Just received this from Microsoft:

18. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

Same issue here. Good to see it's been acknowledged at least.

19. rrsimon

rrsimon

Just wanted to report that we're also facing the same issue. I hope someone comes up with an answer soon...

20. yoonitee

yoonitee

Same issue with me! Passes on my local PC but fails when uploaded to the store. This has happened since about a week ago. Before that my other apps always passed when uploaded. Now even though it passes on my local PC it fails when I upload it the same as above!

I am using Unity 4.2.0. I rolled back from Unity 4.2.1 because I thought it might just be a problem with 4.2.1 but no.

PS. I am using Windows 8.0. I wonder if the problem will go away when we all update to Windows 8.1 in October 18th? Perhaps Unity is not compatible with Windows 8.1?

The apps pass both WACK 2.2 and WACK 3.0 no problem on my PC.

Maybe someone at Unity contact someone at Microsoft and sort out the problem? (especially since that Unity Windows 8 App competition ends in two days!)

What is weird is here is the screenshot just before it failed:

$certscreenshot.png

Where there is a tick next to technical compliance. So this sort of proves there is a bug somewhere on Microsofts side??

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  21. digitalerr0r

digitalerr0r

I work for Microsoft as a Technical Evangelist, and we have someone who is looking at this issue. I will keep you guys posted when I get some updates.

22. yoonitee

yoonitee

Thanks digitalerr0r! :p

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  23. SteveJ

SteveJ

I'm having this same issue. Good to know I'm not alone at least.

I've very curious as to whether or not ANYONE has successfully got a game approved for the store?

24. yoonitee

yoonitee

Hey guys, I think it might have been fixed! Just submitted the latest version of my app and it's got through to Content Compliance! Anyone else? :D :D

25. SteveJ

SteveJ

I've resubmitted. Will let you guys know if it works this time.

26. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

So basically, you haven't change anything on your side?

27. yoonitee

yoonitee

Not as far as I know. Mind you my other app didn't get through still.

28. SteveJ

SteveJ

Mine failed again. Same story as before - it passes the tests on Visual Studio, then fails the backend certification test. The report basically says to run the tests on Visual Studio to find out why it's failing. And around in circles we go...

29. BugraC

BugraC

Hello,

After two weeks of waiting they fixed my problem.

I had a call from Microsoft and they told me that their engineers are still working on that issue. But, yesterday my app passed the test, so I guess you have to open a ticket to Microsoft until they fix this issue forever.

This is the part of the e-mail that I got from Microsoft:

My problem has been fixed...

30. yoonitee

yoonitee

It seems like it's just luck of the draw at the moment!

My update passed yesterday. But then my newer update today didn't.

I wonder if it's the upload process itself that might be corrupting the files.

Such that it might drop a few bytes which could randomly make some apps fail. That's my 2 pence worth. It would certainly explain why the app would fail between the local PC and the server. It's happened before on when Chrome randomly uprades itself: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/zXHczQr_Fok

I'm using Chrome, maybe I'll try a different browser to upload the files. What browser are other people using?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  31. SteveJ

SteveJ

I don't think it's likely to have anything to do with the upload. I'm using IE, for what it's worth.

Hopefully someone at Unity is speaking to someone at Microsoft about this? Feels like this Unity/Microsoft compatibility wasn't tested very thoroughly.

32. TMK

TMK

I'm having the same problem. WACK 3.0 is passed, but fails the "Technical compliance" once uploaded.

When you guys are uploading updates, are you compiling it again in Unity, or just creating new packages in Visual Studio from the same exact project? Just to see if its the package itself, or the compiled contents, and to avoid having to compile it from Unity all the time :)

33. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

The Unity/Microsoft compatibility has been tested, and has been working - just see the list of games that are on the store - http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/195807-Games-released-with-Unity-Windows-Store-Apps

It seems to be a new issue, quite possibly related to the upcoming release of Windows 8.1.

34. yoonitee

yoonitee

The system itself is not exactly foolproof. If one of Microsofts testers decides they want to go home early they could just deliberately fail an app without giving any good reason. Which coming towards the 8.1 deadline, I expect they have a lot of work on as people try and get their apps out. Maybe they're all just overloaded with apps. Although this theory doesn't work with automated tests.

==

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  35. grcwar

grcwar

Yeah, same problem here.

And the absurd, we are uploading the same binary already approved two months ago, just to include a certification file that the asked us to do.

Microsoft always make simply things complicated. :confused: What about the 20+ icon on the package manifest?! wtf...

36. SteveJ

SteveJ

No kidding... I think it's supposed to be automatically doing the scaled icons but it only seems to work half the time. I ended up manually creating ALL of the icon sizes and assigning them myself just to be sure.

37. yoonitee

yoonitee

Any news yet?

38. mkiio

mkiio

I've been periodically resubmitting our update to check, and my latest attempt has cleared technical compliance and is now waiting on content review. It's not a sure sign but it certainly is more positive than before.

I made no changes - just resubmitted the same release for review.

39. TMK

TMK

I submitted the same release now as well, and it worked for me too. It's now waiting on content review :)

40. yoonitee

yoonitee

Yes, it looks like it's working for me too. Just re-uploaded my files without any changes and submitted them again.

Well that's a few days wasted but then again, can't complain, as that would be biting the hand that feeds you. :)

41. SteveJ

SteveJ

I've passed the Technical Compliance stage too this time with no changes to the submission. Looks like something might have been fixed/changed.

42. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

So I guess the issue was resolved, or is anyone else having the problem with this?

43. BugraC

BugraC

Hello,

This morning, Microsoft is saying that they have fixed the issue. I received this: