Search Unity

X-Shift Online!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by khanstruct, Sep 4, 2015.

1. khanstruct

khanstruct

Evening everyone!

I'm really excited to announce that production has finally and officially begun on our cyberpunk MMO, X-Shift Online. I know, I know, "another MMO post", but hear me out.

My team has worked on several projects in the past, having released titles on Facebook, Kongregate, our own website and iPhone. Now, we have funding and some brilliant new talent to add to our roster. They've worked on a few franchises that you may be familiar with:

And several more, but I think I've got your attention.

This month is going to be a flurry of work as we put together some promotional material and begin laying the groundwork for the game play.

I'll be stopping in here regularly to keep everyone updated, but also, please check out our Facebook page, view some of the images, share your thoughts, and give us a Like (our investor likes to see those big numbers).

So! Tell your friends. Spam your enemies. X-Shift is back!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    cozduin likes this.
  2. khanstruct

khanstruct

Not a ton to show off just yet, but I thought I'd pop in and give you a couple of our WIP. These are assets that will be appearing in our upcoming promotional trailer. (Bear in mind that some of the buildings are downloaded assets and some are custom. The downloads are placeholders while we build out the scene.)

The bike is a WIP. As I'm typing this, the artist is adding more details, including more chrome, some glowy bits and animated vents.

And this is Lexi Grey, the star of our promo. She's a gunslinging, street smart rebel. Again, a WIP. We're also adding a clear visor with digital display.

So that's it for now! There's plenty more images on our Facebook page, and there's always more to come.

XCO, cozduin and theANMATOR2b like this.
  3. khanstruct

khanstruct

Another brief update. Our artists are continuing their work on the city. We're building up a collection modern components at the moment. Then they'll get placed in the scene and we'll be adding the more futuristic elements (specifically lighting, adverts, etc.)

Time is ticking by, but we're still hoping to have the teaser trailer ready in a few weeks.

Jamster likes this.
  4. Archania

Archania

Looks very impressive so far. Will be interesting to see some game play.
    Keep at it.

khanstruct likes this.
  5. cozduin

cozduin

Superb art so far, this kind of art style is among my favorites. Looking forward for a playable prototype, best of luck and keep going.

khanstruct likes this.
  6. khanstruct

khanstruct

Thanks guys! I'm meeting with our investor tomorrow, then one of the artists the next day, and then I'll be spending a bit of time on our website. This will be a busy week. I've already received some great new images since posting this, but I'll wait for more before sharing the next batch.

7. khanstruct

khanstruct

It's been a crazy week for us here. Things went great with the investor/promoter, and we have big plans for the coming months. Unfortunately, all that shmoozing kept me out of touch with the team, so I don't have much to share, visually.

Here are a couple new buildings from the game (the theater is not finished being textured yet). Let me know what you think, and I'll keep you posted!

8. khanstruct

khanstruct

It has been a crazy week, with lots of conference calls and travel plans. I did, however, get a chance to peek in with the artists to grab a couple more WIP shots.

First! This is a Photoshop mock up of our GUI.

The office of the future!

And of course, no cyberpunk world is complete without... noodles anyone?

The greatest support you can give is to Like our Facebook Page. Stop by and say hello!

I've also recently registered our domain name. Once I get our landing page ready, I'll post a link for everyone.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. khanstruct

khanstruct

Ya know, I've never really followed "survival games" much. I guess the label just never really appealed to me. It just sounds so simplistic. However, I have since been reading up on them, and it got me thinking... X-Shift is kind of a cyberpunk, survival MMO. There are no real quests or stated objectives. You're simply living in a violent, futuristic city trying to build and maintain your life.

That's kinda the definition, isn't it?

Sure, there's a ton to do; open a business, become a detective, genetic engineering, hacking, programming and exploring cyberspace. But I suppose the only true objective is to survive. So there ya have it. I may have to rethink my marketing approach.

More renders to come soon!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  10. khanstruct

khanstruct

Our city is slowly growing (still needs texture work). We've signed on some amazing new talent (including some original music from Victor Love from Dope Stars, Inc) with more to come. I'm having some technical issues with our website, but for the time being, be sure to Like our Facebook Page for the latest updates.

11. khanstruct

khanstruct

It has been crazy around here lately! But! We do now have a webpage up (just a simple landing page at the moment... be warned, there's music when the page loads). We're also now on Instagram and Twitter.

And, of course, I come bearing eye candy, and you didn't even have to say trick or treat.

Tell us what you think! Happy Halloween!

12. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

This looks really good :)

Keep up the awesome work :)

khanstruct likes this.
  13. khanstruct

khanstruct

Just popping in to show off some of our interior assets. Enjoy!

zenGarden likes this.
  14. khanstruct

khanstruct

We are hard at work here. Looks like I'll be traveling the world a bit after the new year to get some of the financial issues worked out.

Here is some of the texture work that's happening in the game. We're using procedural design, which will allow us to load a single texture and have infinite variations throughout the game. These first two images use the same texture. We'll also be able to manipulate the variables to change the brick color, level of decay and dirt, make them wet, cover them with snow and frost, etc..

This next image is a texture that you'll find in "the Nexus", the cyberspace world within X-Shift. (It's also procedural, allowing us to adjust the light placement, color and intensity.

And finally, in addition to our amazing music composer, Charlie Matthews, and Victor Love, from Dope Stars, Inc, we are now also in talks to get some original tracks from Rocky Gray (formerly of Evanescence) and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (formerly of Guns n' Roses).

Very exciting times for us here ;)

I'll keep you posted! Let's hear that feedback :)

Martin_H likes this.