Search Unity

WWW Class In Android Not Working On Wireless WAMP Network

Discussion in 'Android' started by EricJ13, May 18, 2016.

1. EricJ13

EricJ13

I have an Android app that uses the WWW class and JSON returned from PHP/MySQL on my hosted web server. I have WAMP installed on a laptop and use a wireless router to set up a network I can use for conventions to show my apps, with the MySQL database and PHP from my hosted web server mirrored on my laptop WAMP network. I've used this setup before with good success, although with a different wireless router.

My current setup works fine with the app in the Unity editor running from my other laptop, when it's connected to the WAMP wireless network. However when the app is compiled to my Android Galaxy Note 5 the WWW connection fails silently. I know the wireless connection is working on the phone because when I put the URL with the query string that the WWW class is using in a browser on the phone I get the JSON I should get. I've tried a couple of Anroid devices but no iOS device yet.

I've got a convention this weekend and I'm at my wit's end, I sure would appreciate some help. I've also asked this in Answers, will share here any info from there and vice versa.

Thanks in advance.

2. EricJ13

EricJ13

BTW, the app works fine on my Android devices when they use the Internet, it's just my local WPAM/wireless network they don't work on.

3. EricJ13

EricJ13

D'oh!

I had neglected to begin the WWW URL with "http://", it began with the IP address of the laptop with WAMP installed. Works now on Android and iOS.