Search Unity

wwTouch first preview ! Strategy for iPad

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by frozenpepper, Jul 2, 2010.

1. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Hi all!
    I'm very happy to finally share some info's about the project we have been working on (super hard) for the last 5-6 months : wwTouch.

The main idea behind it was to make a strategy board game playable on the iPad by human players, mixing classic games as "Axis and Allies" and "Risk" with the possibilities offered by the iPad.

here are some info's about the game :

- up to 5 players games
    - World War II setting
    - Artificial intelligence will be available at game release for solo play as well as mixed play between 1 or more human players and AI players.
    - at least 3 maps to choose according to expected play time and players number
    - 9 kind of units to build and purchase
    - full map offers 84 land territories to conquer and fight for
    - naval battles and units
    - in-game newspaper updated with current event news for each player
    - play up to 5 games with different opponents, maps and goals, at the same time
    - interface and game-play designed specifically for the iPad
    - 3D graphics
    - more........

This is the first time we post something online about this project, so for now, i've made a fast preview video showing some of the game play and interface, but more screenshots, infos and videos will soon come.

PREVIEW VIDEO LINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMtL74J0-c

We hope to release the game for the iPad sometime in the following month, we are completing and testing the AI in this days, while final polish of code and interface is already ongoing since some days, so FINALLY we should be close to the end.

Hope you will enjoy it !

Attached Files:

2. LordsWarrior

LordsWarrior

Very nice!!

Looks like a tonne of work gone into this one

-LW

3. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Thanks!
    Yep, various tons of work, we actually started thinking and working on it before the iPad announcement (it was in the air...).

4. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Thanks Pat !

When you told me you where working on a car game, you didn't tell me it was a drifting game, SUPER COOL, congratulations to you !

5. defjr

defjr

This is amazing! Great work! I will definitely be buying this when it's out.

6. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Great thanks !

Also here are some screenshots from latest version and video showing the "portrait mode " of the game, which features, a newspaper for each player which it generated each turn with stories about the latest happened war events (invasions, attack, science discoveries) plus a manual with all the game rules.

video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7OAHNOcBHM

Attached Files: