Search Unity

Audio Wwise Release Mode - Programmed Build Pipeline

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by laurence_whelpton, Mar 31, 2020.

1. laurence_whelpton

laurence_whelpton

While sorting out some dll and pdb (library and symbol) files for releasing our game, I came across the fact that the Wwise plugin has a Debug, Profile and Release mode. And that by default it will build with Profile.

Reading: https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/edge/?source=Unity&id=pg_deploy.html (subtopic - Wwise plug-in deployment)

I see that the recommendation is to use the Editor menu to go and select Release mode. Then the game indeed gets bundled with the Release mode dll.

I traced the plugin scripts to find the method called is
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AkPluginActivator.ActivateRelease()
    and have now begun calling that in our build pipeline script, for our final builds we intend to release.

I hope others find this information useful, for one at least knowing that you should be shipping with that mode activated as it was chance we came across it, and if you want to programatically set it. I also have some questions.

Do many people know to set this? I am curious if any games accidentally ship with Profile mode due to this.
    Is this the best way for us to be setting this? I realise it is a 3rd party plugin, but does Unity support it in some other way?

2. restaste

restaste

You are a godsend. I was stuck wondering why my builds were rejected because they used debug assemblies.